• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The house stinks of poo!"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Oh Crap!

Wrong thread again

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    in looks. though I have not tasted the poo to seeing if its like chocolate.
    Jr has weetabix for his breakfast - the only stuff know to man that looks worse going in than it does coming out

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Chocolate out, chocolate in.
    in looks. though I have not tasted the poo to seeing if its like chocolate.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Chocolate out, chocolate in.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    What a shit post
    fair enough. but his poo means alot to me.....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Excellent news - baby BP was farting alot then asked for a nappy and then pooed in it. He got a milky way - it was made clear this was for requesting a nappy.

We had stopped chocolate for wees but had to reinstate as he just wet himself!

How I wish baby bp was like MF and trained at 18 months - but at leat the end is in sight.
    What a shit post

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by doomage View Post
    Not everyone who challenges their doctor is a raving middle class keyboard warrior amateur scientist. Some of us have pathology degrees
    Well then it's not the same thing at all then. Kind of a key piece of information in the whole discussion.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Excellent news - baby BP was farting alot then asked for a nappy and then pooed in it. He got a milky way - it was made clear this was for requesting a nappy.

We had stopped chocolate for wees but had to reinstate as he just wet himself!

How I wish baby bp was like MF and trained at 18 months - but at leat the end is in sight.

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    The question is, when you show your amateur research to the doctor (who certainly may not be fully up to date on every single thing, that's true) and he still thinks the best option is not one you agree with - then what?
    You make the best decision you can based on the information you have to hand. That's all anyone can ask.

Also, within reason, you trial treatments and monitor results as best you can. And you go to conferences and actually meet and talk to people that are going through the same, rather than rely on the anonymous postings on the interweb.

Not everyone who challenges their doctor is a raving middle class keyboard warrior amateur scientist. Some of us have pathology degrees, and have had to challenge their ingrained notions about who to trust when it comes to medicine.

The question is, what would you do if your child was suffering, and you met people who were getting positive results with a treatment that your doctor does not agree with?

In the world of autism, there are two types of doctors; those with autistic children and those without. Often the difference in attitude is remarkable, but maybe not so surprising if you take the time to actually think about it.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    The question is, when you show your amateur research to the doctor (who certainly may not be fully up to date on every single thing, that's true) and he still thinks the best option is not one you agree with - then what?

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Don't you find it annoying when a client asks you what technologies to use, then comes back with "well I found a forum post about how Java is slow so we're going to use C for the web-server"?

You'd think they were an idiot.
    Yes.

But if I was that client and came back with benchmark performance tests using nginx and nodejs vs tomcat and servlets I would expect the consultant to at least be aware of newer technologies and be able to advise accordingly.

Or if the consultant says, I've never heard of a cure for your problem, therefore one does not exist. So you might as well give up.

Which obviously would be fine for you and yours, but not for me and mine.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You always have the option of a 2nd opinion (don't you) if you don't agree with your doctor. Or your contractor

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Don't you find it annoying when a client asks you what technologies to use, then comes back with "well I found a forum post about how Java is slow so we're going to use C for the web-server"?

I have pulled doctors up a couple of times before - I always do some research first. I always remember a kidney doctor walking out on me because I knew all about haplotype(sp?) matching.

Personally I like clients who know a little about IT - they are easier to deal with(generally).

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Discomfort for long-term gain is for the kid's own good. IF you can gain lactose tolerance that is, which sounds a bit fishy to me, I thought these things normally got worse rather than better. But if a doctor suggest something I'd at least do some research before writing off their advice.
    Conversely, before blindly doing something that would cause my child pain, on the advice of anyone whether doctor or not, I would do some research.

Our experience is that doctors (GP's I guess) have very little understanding of nutrition / tolerances / allergies.

With our son, once we were able to get control of his gut issues, his behaviour, communication and learning improved considerably.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X