• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have we done Ken Livingstone blubbing like Suityou on the 2nd day of a contract yet?"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by pmeswani View Post
    Really? So has Boris managed to crack a deal with the Underground Unions to prevent any strikes during his term? I see Boris just as hypercrit as any other politician.

How long did it take for Boris to come back from his jollies in Canada to deal with the Riots? His priority isn't with London, but lining his pocket with gold, like any other politician.
    Straws... grasping...

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    why? Red Ken is just as happy to swill champagne, with Boris its more likely that he will pay for it himself.

Boris is also less likely to encourage Islamic extremists.

Neither are perfect candidates.
    Boris is happy to cut police numbers and take his time to come back to the UK to deal with the London Riots. Whilst I don't promote support for Muslim Extremists, the Riots caused a lot of damage to the London and English economy. I am not saying that what happened in 2001 or 2007 should be taken lightly, but how both mayors dealt with the respective issues is wholey opposite.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    During this campaign, Boris has not proven himself to be a liar, a hypercrit, and anti-semetic.

Yet you have more respect for someone who has.
    Really? So has Boris managed to crack a deal with the Underground Unions to prevent any strikes during his term? I see Boris just as hypercrit as any other politician.

How long did it take for Boris to come back from his jollies in Canada to deal with the Riots? His priority isn't with London, but lining his pocket with gold, like any other politician.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    He needs to man up. Suity did.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    But as he's Labour, he might be able to stuff enough postal votes to still get in

Whoever said democracy was fair ?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Yup Ken obviously thinks supporting islamic extremists is a vote winning strategy in Londonistan, he just thinks he can do that and keep the jewish and gay vote with it without appearing to be a hypocrite

Attacking tax avoiding millionaires whilst being a tax avoiding millionaire is just the icing on his hypocrisy cake
    And stating that his opponent does the same thing when he clearly doesn't is the cherry on the icing.

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    During this campaign, Boris has not proven himself to be a liar, a hypercrit, and anti-semetic.

Yup Ken obviously thinks supporting islamic extremists is a vote winning strategy in Londonistan, he just thinks he can do that and keep the jewish and gay vote with it without appearing to be a hypocrite

Attacking tax avoiding millionaires whilst being a tax avoiding millionaire is just the icing on his hypocrisy cake

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I have more respect for Red Ken than I do for Blue Boris.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Yes. I agree. Though oddly I would rather vote for Boris than Ken. I know he is an upper class twunt. And I hate conservative policies. But he had the bottle to go on HIGNFY.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    why? Red Ken is just as happy to swill champagne, with Boris its more likely that he will pay for it himself.

Boris is also less likely to encourage Islamic extremists.

Neither are perfect candidates.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Personally I am not bothered - but it does concern me that some people will be more likely to vote for him.

However I don't think it was deeliberate - I totally disagree with Ken's policies (and his comments on Spiderman at Tower Bridge were totally out of order) but I respect him as a person who says what he thinks.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I think the tears are because Natalie the Newt turned him down.

I suggest he is slightly unbalanced truthfully.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Personally I am not bothered - but it does concern me that some people will be more likely to vote for him.

However I don't think it was deeliberate - I totally disagree with Ken's policies (and his comments on Spiderman at Tower Bridge were totally out of order) but I respect him as a person who says what he thinks.
    would you vote for him if he repped you first?

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied

However I don't think it was deeliberate - I totally disagree with Ken's policies (and his comments on Spiderman at Tower Bridge were totally out of order) but I respect him as a person who says what he thinks will get himself elected.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X