• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Right then, who is squeaky clean?"

Collapse

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Who's never....

1. Speeded? - Fail
    2. Not renewed RFL on time? (no 14 day grace) - Pass
    3. Downloaded a movie from p2p? - Pass
    4. Copied a CD - Pass
    5. Taped an LP (older members only) - Pass
    6. Installed unlicenced software - Fail
    7. Had sex with their mother (MF/AtW only) - Gross!
    8. Drank after closing time - Pass
    9. Masturbated on a Sunday (Wisconsin members only)
    10. There is no tenth thing

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Some double negatives in there but as MF/AtW knows in Russian language extra negs enforce the other negs not like in English where they cancel out so it's ok to say 'not not never' without getting confused....
    it's only pedants who get confused with double negatives in English. the rest of society understands what is meant by them in the context on which they are used.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Maybe 10)should be "not had an in-date/valid TV license and watched live TV"

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    You look after that liver, Minestrone may be needing one sometime soon.

I'll have first dibs on one of your kidneys.
    I'm presently preserving them using the finest alcohols. Should be good for a few years yet. Still, keep an eye on eBay, you never know...

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Does time spent doing these things in GTA count?

I don't think it's a question of doing/not-doing these things that keeps you squeaky clean, it's whether you get caught or not.

Take speeding. I speed everywhere, every day. But I do it on a motorbike. My license still points-free after 20 years, which I find to be pretty staggering, TBH.

Maybe you need to drop two wheels, Stek.
    You look after that liver, Minestrone may be needing one sometime soon.

I'll have first dibs on one of your kidneys.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    C'mon Stek, you got a few points that in your opinion weren't justified.

We live in a country where that can happen so deal with it, tulip happens. Make your voice heard on a different forum from this and you may achieve something or even get some sympathy.

There but...

I speed all the time but have never had a single point on my license and a TomTom up to date with camera locations sure does help.
    WHS++;

I've been stopped for speeding on numerous occasions and not been booked.

Got flashed by a speed camera once and attended a speed awareness course.

Number of points on licence? 0, nil, none, zilch, nada, zero!

Btw, when I drive, the car goes at exactly the speed I want it to go.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I am guilty of all except horizontal jogging with my mum
    whs.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Who's never....

1. Speeded?

[Snip - remaining list of things I do on an almost daily basis.]
    Does time spent doing these things in GTA count?

I don't think it's a question of doing/not-doing these things that keeps you squeaky clean, it's whether you get caught or not.

Take speeding. I speed everywhere, every day. But I do it on a motorbike. My license still points-free after 20 years, which I find to be pretty staggering, TBH.

Maybe you need to drop two wheels, Stek.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Wow! Your other half is Russian???...
    It's not surprising Stek's other half is Russian. Stek is always russian about - that's why he gets speeding tickets.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    I make up my own speed limits. Just like when I tell the OH the light was still amber.

What the hell is RFL, do you mean road tax?

You dont have 14 days grace at all, this is a silly nonsense myth.

You must buy tax before the expiration of your previous tax. The only grace period you are given in displaying it is waiting for the disc in the post but you can still be asked to prove when you purchased it.

The only exception to this is if you're taking the car off the road on a sorn. You still dont get a grace period but they allow time for you to post your v14, etc.

Nope, never used strictly p2p for movies in the traditional sense one defines p2p. Even though torrenting may fall under the p2p definition, it is not the p2p that became synonymous with the gnutella/napster network.

This isnt illegal at all. Copy away to your hearts delight as it isnt a crime.

You are allowed to back up your media in any way you please. The violation comes in breaking disc encryption to make a legal backup or re-selling copywright media.

Falls under acceptable backup and fair use. Not a crime at all.

Who hasnt?

However I usually find freeware alternatives are as good as shareware so rarely bother with shareware.

Again, not a crime at all.

You are legally entitled to drinking up time, commonly 20 minutes after your last serving in the UK. After that you can legally still drink, but cannot be charged for it. So in some remote pubs, it would be perfectly legal for a patron who is also a friend to join the bartender for a private drink so long as it isnt sold in a licensed premise.

Who would do that? You have kids, wife, etc running around on sunday. How can you find the privacy to fire one off?

Shame because I wanted to disprove that as well.
    Are you Will off Inbetweeners?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    RFL = Road Fund Licence - Derr!

Stek, too long at the DVLA. Actually I can hack my own Driver record cant I?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I am guilty of all except horizontal jogging with my mum, I've certainly shagged others'.

Quite possibly yours.

I was very, very drunk at the time.
    Well, clearly moderator minimum qualification standards have improved considerably ever since MF was kicked out ...

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    I am guilty of all except horizontal jogging with my mum, I've certainly shagged others'.

Quite possibly yours.

I was very, very drunk at the time.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Who's never....

1. Speeded?
    I make up my own speed limits. Just like when I tell the OH the light was still amber.

2. Not renewed RFL on time? (no 14 day grace)
    What the hell is RFL, do you mean road tax?

You dont have 14 days grace at all, this is a silly nonsense myth.

You must buy tax before the expiration of your previous tax. The only grace period you are given in displaying it is waiting for the disc in the post but you can still be asked to prove when you purchased it.

The only exception to this is if you're taking the car off the road on a sorn. You still dont get a grace period but they allow time for you to post your v14, etc.

3. Downloaded a movie from p2p?
    Nope, never used strictly p2p for movies in the traditional sense one defines p2p. Even though torrenting may fall under the p2p definition, it is not the p2p that became synonymous with the gnutella/napster network.

4. Copied a CD
    This isnt illegal at all. Copy away to your hearts delight as it isnt a crime.

You are allowed to back up your media in any way you please. The violation comes in breaking disc encryption to make a legal backup or re-selling copywright media.

5. Taped an LP (older members only)
    Falls under acceptable backup and fair use. Not a crime at all.

6. Installed unlicenced software
    Who hasnt?

However I usually find freeware alternatives are as good as shareware so rarely bother with shareware.

7. Had sex with their mother (MF/AtW only)

8. Drank after closing time
    Again, not a crime at all.

You are legally entitled to drinking up time, commonly 20 minutes after your last serving in the UK. After that you can legally still drink, but cannot be charged for it. So in some remote pubs, it would be perfectly legal for a patron who is also a friend to join the bartender for a private drink so long as it isnt sold in a licensed premise.

9. Masturbated on a Sunday (Wisconsin members only)
    Who would do that? You have kids, wife, etc running around on sunday. How can you find the privacy to fire one off?

10. There is no tenth thing
    Shame because I wanted to disprove that as well.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    You are late for the night shift!!!
    My sockies already have it under control.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X