• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "When was the last time you bought a pasty at Greggs"

Collapse

• pjclarke
    replied
    Northerners making good pasties? I've heard it all now.
    Pies, though. We do good pies.

A poetic pie - Monday 5th March 2012 | Chronicle Online News | Official site of the Barnsley Chronicle

Not to mention the Wigan Kebab - three pies on a stick ....

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Greggs - spit, cold, all pastry and no meat (or veg) - spit. Ford Focus of pasties.
    The hot ones are not cold

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I really miss the small local bakeries that you could find in most towns in days gone by, sausage rolls, scotch pies, freshly baked bread and rolls that you could get hot from the oven at the back door very early in the morning.
    This is where you can get pies hot from the oven:

While it takes to effort to overcome the urge to buy the enture shop, you settle for some stand pies to take home, plus some hot pork pies to eat straight away.

Eating them hot is an art. You bite a small hole in the crust, then tip back and drink the juices. It's wise to stand with any prevailing wind coming at your back...

Skipton Pork Pie Establishment

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost

Are you sure it's just indigestion?
    Are you saying that greggs is a modern day Sweeney Todd?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I'm only 30 minutes from Bridgwater if that helps?
    Only 30 minutes away

Move further away

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    I am now taking my coat off and offering you out. Bit tired tho, tmrw?
    I'm only 30 minutes from Bridgwater if that helps?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Terrible memories of pasty and peas down Farnworth conny club.

And 'D'you want some wet with that luv?'
    Then there's Pie N Pea soup that round slowly desolving crusted gem floating in a turgid sea of green Mmmmm!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Carr's Pasties of Bolton are the Rolls Royce of Pasties. Many prefer Ye Olde Pastie Shoppe pasties from the shop/bakery on Churchgate but for me they are second best. Sort of the Bentley of Pasties.

Greggs - spit, cold, all pastry and no meat (or veg) - spit. Ford Focus of pasties.

Greenhalgh's - I spit on your plain pasties and your flakey ones - 1976 Vauxhall Chevette of pasties

Sayers (formerly Hampsons) - I spit on your small pasties, pathetic small, pathetic. Can't think of any more cars, Austin Maxi prolly...
    Terrible memories of pasty and peas down Farnworth conny club.

And 'D'you want some wet with that luv?'

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post

Pies and bitter up North, pasties and zider down South (West), volovants and lager shandy for the SE.
    I am now taking my coat off and offering you out. Bit tired tho, tmrw?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Greggs Steak Bake, universally accepted round here as morning after food.

If Greggs are the Ford focus of Steak Bakes that makes Tesco the Reliant Robin (quirky & not very substantial) and Sainsburys the OX cart (full of gristle and manure).

Wouldn't mind but they were more expensive than Greggs.

Only Ginster pastie worth eating is the peppered steak (cold with milkshake and post beer hangover).

Morrisons do a nice pastie (sometimes).

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Many years ago when I did not have a car and had to wait for bus - pretty good value for money it was (Greggs).

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Carr's Pasties of Bolton are the Rolls Royce of Pasties. Many prefer Ye Olde Pastie Shoppe pasties from the shop/bakery on Churchgate but for me they are second best. Sort of the Bentley of Pasties.

Greenhalgh's - I spit on your plain pasties and your flakey ones - 1976 Vauxhall Chevette of pasties

Sayers (formerly Hampsons) - I spit on your small pasties, pathetic small, pathetic. Can't think of any more cars, Austin Maxi prolly...

Pies and bitter up North, pasties and zider down South (West), volovants and lager shandy for the SE.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Had the occasional steak bake which was hit or miss with quality (if you can use that word associated with Greggs).

I really miss the small local bakeries that you could find in most towns in days gone by, sausage rolls, scotch pies, freshly baked bread and rolls that you could get hot from the oven at the back door very early in the morning.

We have Aulds in Scotland which is Greggs without the quality and more expensive. Seems they're struggling and won't be missed if they go down.

Nothing like making your own bread and pastry (and fillings).

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
    Greggs are a bit cheap and nasty. Ginsters are okay in their chicken and mushroom slice form. Nothing like a good pie (no jokes please). My favourite off-the-shelf one while I'm away is from these chaps:
    Ginsters are just muck, at least Greggs are fresh. Their pasties are NOT pasties but I like the sausage rolls.

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Greggs gives me indigestion.
    That's just because you're middle aged. HTH.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X