• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Todays Darwin award goes to...."

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Indeed, I remember one of the big news anchors talking about this - when reporting on a story where you have a strong personal opinion, you have to identify your bias first so you can carefully and deliberately balance it out.
    As in "I've got no truck with Krauts, but..." ?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Indeed, I remember one of the big news anchors talking about this - when reporting on a story where you have a strong personal opinion, you have to identify your bias first so you can carefully and deliberately balance it out.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Why do you think that is worth comment? I had already identified my own bias and effectively apologised for it.

You mean you don't instantly judge people by their origins or perceived upbringing? The key thing is to recognise it and modify your prejudice.

If you don't do that you aren't normal, move over prophets there is one worthy of your company.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Decanting petrol in your kitchen while cooking is one of the dumbest things I have ever ever heard. Period.
    WMFS

Leave a comment:

• PorkPie
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    My thoughts exactly, she didn't look that stupid, I was expecting a council house facelift or or a lady who was increasing our diversity. Bigoted racist I am, or maybe stupidity is truly universal?

I think it counts as an 'Honourable mention'. To qualify for the award you need to remove yourself from the gene pool permanently without progeny.
    Tautology maybe, but FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Ravello
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Who did he use to be?
    Mr. Harris?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Lord Harris should not be a Lord. But he deserves to be a typical, self-serving, entitled, self-promoting, bandwaggoning c.unt of the first order.
    Who did he use to be?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Labour peer Lord Harris called for Francis Maude to resign after the woman suffered 40 per cent burns when she tried to pour petrol into a jug in her kitchen after her daughter's car needed refuelling.
    Lord Harris should not be a Lord. But he deserves to be a typical, self-serving, entitled, self-promoting, bandwaggoning c.unt of the first order.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Good to see someone in the US was ahead of us :

Slush Pile: Man burned while siphoning gas with

Witnesses said Williamson was trying to siphon gas with an electric leaf blower when a spark from the blower ignited the fire, the report said.

Williamson suffered serious burns to his arms and had to be taken to Tampa General Hospital.

And this one should amuse the congregation :

2010 Darwin Award: Textbook Double Double Darwin

A young couple, driving along Via Dutra, the largest freeway in Brazil with tons of heavy traffic, at 6AM under heavy fog. The couple decided that this was the time to park (for "dating" according to the charming Google translation) and, yes, they parked on the freeway in the right-hand lane, not on the shoulder, the median, or at a gas station. Naturally, given time a cargo truck encountered a "speed bump," instantly killing both -- during the act of procreation -- double-double Darwin Award! (2) people making (2) obviously bad decisions, and natural selection acts at the very moment the two are reproducing. Textbook!

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    I nominate anyone who participated in panic buying, since when the govt says the country is about to run out of fuel, keeping enough petrol in your car really should be the least of your worries. The fact that nobody started panic buying food shows the average level of IQ in the country.
    You thick ****. Without petrol nobody can travel
    20 miles to their out of town supermarket. Now
    who needs their IQ tested.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    I nominate anyone who participated in panic buying, since when the govt says the country is about to run out of fuel, keeping enough petrol in your car really should be the least of your worries. The fact that nobody started panic buying food shows the average level of IQ in the country.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    My thoughts exactly, she didn't look that stupid, I was expecting a council house facelift or or a lady who was increasing our diversity. Bigot I am, or maybe stupidity is truly universal?

I think it counts as an 'Honourable mention'. To qualify for the award you need to remove yourself from the gene pool permanently without progeny.
    Crickey - the Wikipedia page even lists 5 criteria

Darwin Awards - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, this counts as an honourable mention

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Decanting petrol in your kitchen while cooking is one of the dumbest things I have ever ever heard. Period.
    You'll hear more if you stick around this place for a few years

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    My thoughts exactly, she didn't look that stupid, I was expecting a council house facelift or or a lady who was increasing our diversity. Bigot I am, or maybe stupidity is truly universal?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X