• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Grand Prix

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Grand Prix"

Collapse

• oscarose
    replied
    Originally posted by Zoidyboy View Post
    man loving ex squaddies

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Those radio messages are broadcast some laps after they occur, so I don't think it was the following lap.

I preferred Coulthard's explanation... in the BBC commentary, he recalled a few years ago when he received a "be careful" message and promptly crashed the car. Not team orders, but his concentration was broken.

That's what I think happened to Perez. He looked very close to the gravel to me and as others have said, he could simply have slowed down. So I'm convinced personally that it was not a manufactured incident.
    They're actually not broadcast a few laps earlier, they are released by the F1 TV crew, who film the races, as and when they see fit. It adds to the drama. Last year the Felipe Massa/Rob Smedley (aka the Teeside twat) conversation to ruin Hamiltons race was broadcast almost simultaneously to them saying it. As was the infamous 'Nando is faster than you etc', it's to spice up the viewing, the talking about the incident and to keep interest in F1 and, you have to admit, it works.

Otherwise, they send a message out if it's got a bit tedious. Those can be from previous laps.

Don't mistake this for a sport, it's an industry, a really bloody big business, the likes of which man loving ex squaddies and bootneck's can't even attempt to comprehend.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    We're more like "Dumb and Dumber", me and ShaunyFatBoy

Carry on carrying on.
    Couldn't have put it better myself to be honest gaylord.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    It was the following lap

And note he never lost control of the car.

Those radio messages are broadcast some laps after they occur, so I don't think it was the following lap.

I preferred Coulthard's explanation... in the BBC commentary, he recalled a few years ago when he received a "be careful" message and promptly crashed the car. Not team orders, but his concentration was broken.

That's what I think happened to Perez. He looked very close to the gravel to me and as others have said, he could simply have slowed down. So I'm convinced personally that it was not a manufactured incident.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    He wasn't told to back off, and his off wasn't 30 seconds after he was told to "be careful".
    It was the following lap

And note he never lost control of the car.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Well, I believe he was under coded orders to not overtake the Ferrari. Partly because of what actually happened, partly because F1 has a lot of form for this, and partly because there was a lot of motive for both Sauber-Ferrari and Perez to do it.

I don't like it when it happens between teammates, but between teams it p1sses me off.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    You guess wrong.
    More like "Dumb and Dumber" then, eh?

Ok, point taken.

Carry on carrying on.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    You and Mr Z are both as clueless as each other? At a guess.

Churchill - In "educating the fuqwits on CUK since August 2005" mode!
    You guess wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    And your point would be....?
    You and Mr Z are both as clueless as each other? At a guess.

Churchill - In "educating the fuqwits on CUK since August 2005" mode!

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    So his opinion was as educated as yours?

Just asking like...
    And your point would be....?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    It's just a bit of fun - I visit 'the aliens are here' websites too

It's interesting that Mr Z (who doesn't really 'follow' F1) said the Perez incident was fishy.
    So his opinion was as educated as yours?

Just asking like...

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You're just looking for conspiracies where none exist in my book.
    It's just a bit of fun - I visit 'the aliens are here' websites too

It's interesting that Mr Z (who doesn't really 'follow' F1) said the Perez incident was fishy.

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    'Fernando is faster than you, repeat, Fernando is faster then you, do you understand?'.

Could have simply said something like that

Leave a comment:

• Zoiderman
    replied
    Anything, absolutely ANYTHING that Ferrari are involved in, I view with a deep scepticism.

Without going too far into things, Ferrari are ruthless in promotion, including refusing magazines access to test new models if they do not like the articles written of them, by said journals.

I honestly view everything they do with suspicion. Even Peter Saubers dismissal today appeared to be full of holes and caveats e.g. No, we did not enter into a conversation with Ferrari in which we agreed to hold position, which appears to indicate there was a conversation about something...

No, bit cynical about Ferrari

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Although "be careful" could be a coded message for "don't overtake", you could very easily do the same thing by just slowing down a bit... send a radio message "you need to take it easy on the engine" or the driver could say the tyres lost it. Or just get stuck behind Alonso and say "he was too good, I couldn't get past".

Given his demeanour after the race I do not think he did anything deliberately, a 21-year-old would a)need a lot of persuasion to lose their first F1 win b)not be able to act so convincingly happy afterwards.

You're just looking for conspiracies where none exist in my book.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X