• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Don't sweat the small stuff"

Collapse

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    "The rescue team were unable to reach our vessel as the TNSnames had not been configured correctly."
    <chortle>

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Having to can at least one of their projects to reduce costs, my project which involved clip art and jigsaw pieces was shelved saving the government £14.5m.

FTFY just in case it was a public sector project.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Of course there is my abilty as a time served butcher to consider, probably best for you suity that you give your rations to me in a dash for help than hold me in the jungle with the group waiting for hunger to override humanity.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    The programme manager lost all faith in me once my lack of education shone through when I uttered fourth the phrase "For all intense purposes" in one of my weeky status reports. Having to can at least one of their projects to satisfy the stakeholders, my project which involved clip art and jigsaw pieces was shelved saving the company £14.50.

I am now busking outside Farnborough East, which I call "The office".

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    backpfeifengesicht
    "I muttered something unintelligible as I bobbed up and down in the water. The raft & team where now out of site & I became more feverish. I knew that last pint was a badun. I started to become delirious. I dreamt that Tottenham where no longer 3rd in the league & a new fawning lickspittle bedwetter had taken my place on ContractorUK. I could feel my life ebbing away. A warm feeling came through in my groin again and a feeling of trapped wind, I tried to push it out & tulip myself. It was then that I awoke from my dream and realised that I was still at my desk in the office, the stench was awful. I looked up and the offshore team was visiting, Bob shook his head in disgust while Bobina sobbed. Time to find another contract methinks"

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    "I was forced to consult the ship's doctor, he provided me with a doctor's note for stress & told me to take a lie down. I cycled to the other end of the raft before knocking up some homebrew of seaweed and bilge water. One of the BA's started to get a bit over friendly, banging on about 1992. I said I wasn't that old and when pressed I wet myself. The systems analyst threw me overboard"
    backpfeifengesicht

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    "I was forced to consult the ship's doctor, he provided me with a doctor's note for stress & told me to take a lie down. I cycled to the other end of the raft before knocking up some homebrew of seaweed and bilge water. One of the BA's started to get a bit over friendly, banging on about 1992. I said I wasn't that old and when pressed I wet myself. The systems analyst threw me overboard"
    Then Richard Parker killed the hyena before getting a bit seasick.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    "The rescue team were unable to reach our vessel as the TNSnames had not been configured correctly."

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    "I was immediately forced to suggest descoping the rescue mission. The team had commended me on my documentation but on receipt the rescue ship the HMS Bob was unable to find our location due to some dodgy PL SQL GPS queries I had provided"

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    "On the raft, the situation deteriorated rapidly. Among the provisions were casks of wine instead of water. Fights broke out between the developers and BAs on one hand, and the testers and front line support on the other. "
    "I was immediately forced to suggest descoping the rescue mission. The team had commended me on my documentation but on receipt the rescue ship the HMS Bob was unable to find our location due to some dodgy PL SQL GPS queries I had provided"

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    A++

Actually you were close.

The raft.

I have to offer it to the other side

Yep, but I didn't google.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    "On the raft, the situation deteriorated rapidly. Among the provisions were casks of wine instead of water. Fights broke out between the developers and BAs on one hand, and the testers and front line support on the other. "

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    A++
    I think MF's answer deserves some credit too.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Bzzzz

Wreck of the Medusa - Gericault
    A++

Actually you were close.

The raft.

I have to offer it to the other side
    Last edited by minestrone; 24 March 2012, 21:08.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Bzzzz

Wreck of the Medusa - Gericault
    Bzzzz.

My first day as Captain of the Titanic - Suityou

Leave a comment:

Working...
X