• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: It's Friday!!!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "It's Friday!!!"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    York was fantastic, celebrating youngest daughters 19th
    thats it now. Kids are all growed up and flew the nest

Some bastid half inched me York Minster thimble

is nothing sacred

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    It was hard work in the studio, recorded a rip off of the "The Kids are alright" which I've renamed "Feeling Alright", sounds gr8 with the Rickenbacker through the tube amp and some got some reasonable sounding vocal harmonies on the chorus, backed up with a fast thumping rythm, could be good in the pub. Second song was a true original, called "Work it out"....has potential me thinks ....added a touch of distortion, starts of with a few "who" like chord changes before the drums come in..and I have the velocity on full, so they're being thumped pretty hard.

They still need some work but I've released my first single (sent it to a few friends ) I did last week "Aint got a Woman", had some good feedback, has a menacing "batman like" riff in the verse before launching into "Who" style chorus with vocal harmonies and jingly guitar.

fun fun fun FUN

I can see at this rate by the end of the Summer I'll be pasty faced spending it locked in my recording studio..........but I don't care...

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Originally posted by Friday Blue View Post
    at the moment only bf3 for me.
    although when second hand price come down on skyrim i will proabyl give it a try. im never a fan of single player/non-online games.
    guild wars 2 will be out soon i believe
    They're supposed to be bringout decent tank orientated maps later this year, it's about the only thing BF is lacking

That and having the map editor the greedy money grabbing barstewards

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Aldi are doing vegetable plug plants. EG 15 cauliflower, 6 chilli, 6 toms or 15 lettuce - £1.99 each.

I'm not getting the hang of this contractor thing am I?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    I'm organising pots, troughs, garden space for growing my own vegetables again. Cherry tomatoes, corn, peas, beans, garlic, onions, carrots and some oregano to complete my herb collection.

Tasty!

hyperD in "The Good Life" mode
    Umm, they really look good...

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    I'm organising pots, troughs, garden space for growing my own vegetables again. Cherry tomatoes, corn, peas, beans, garlic, onions, carrots and some oregano to complete my herb collection.

Tasty!

Niiice. Bung me some peas when they're ready; ta. Ooh, and some carrots.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    What's vegetable planning?

Tasty!

Leave a comment:

• Friday Blue
    replied
    at the moment only bf3 for me.
    although when second hand price come down on skyrim i will proabyl give it a try. im never a fan of single player/non-online games.
    guild wars 2 will be out soon i believe

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied

Sorry, MP...!

Thanks for the update, Scrag.
    What's vegetable planning?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Started skyrim last weekend and just made a set of dragon armour. Last night I killed a giant and cut his big toe off and pillaged his dead body - he looked familiar

Tonight I am taking the tribe to York and am back on the ale - yippee
    Tomorrow we are getting a free tour of the minster from some church bigwig - also yippee

then the women will go shopping whilst me and my boy get hammered in the cellar - - more yippeee

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Sat - Probably escape the city again and meet some friends in St. Albans as the weather looks good

Sun - DIY (Fixing a broken skirting board, hanging some new artwork and replacing some sealant in the bathroom) and Plan B

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    Let me filter that for you.

L4D2 - Left for Dead 2
    BL2 - Borderlands 2
    SWTOR - Star Wars the Old Republic
    WoW - World of Warcraft.
    Guildies - His fellow guild memebers in game.
    I7 - Type of Intel CPU (see below)
    CPU - Central Processing Unit

HTH, stick to the kitchen and leave the gaming and technical stuff to the men.

I don't do pay per month gaming, ala WoW, Old Republic. Co-op BL1 was fun, agreed. Torchlight 2 coming as well.

Early days on BL2, some small snippets of news but nothing major yet.

Pre-ordered D3 in 2009 and Play.com priced at £24.99, £34.99 now, good deal.

Sorry, MP...!

Thanks for the update, Scrag.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Done my hours for the client this week, today is plan B day.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

Happily. Geeks.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    That was just a noise...
    Let me filter that for you.

L4D2 - Left for Dead 2
    BL2 - Borderlands 2
    SWTOR - Star Wars the Old Republic
    WoW - World of Warcraft.
    Guildies - His fellow guild memebers in game.
    I7 - Type of Intel CPU (see below)
    CPU - Central Processing Unit

Quiet enjoyed Borderlands multiplay although our crowd moved onto L4D2 - any idea what the new BL2 is like?

Relaxing weekend, may cook some, overclocking my I7, vegetable planning and a little cycling.

Oooh, and SWTOR and WoW with the Guildies.
    I don't do pay per month gaming, ala WoW, Old Republic. Co-op BL1 was fun, agreed. Torchlight 2 coming as well.

Early days on BL2, some small snippets of news but nothing major yet.

Pre-ordered D3 in 2009 and Play.com priced at £24.99, £34.99 now, good deal.
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 23 March 2012, 10:04.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X