• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Why are their so many bannings these days?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Wouldn't that make him an ogre not a cretin?

Either way have some mid morning reading
    Qualities of a Good Bridge Toll Collector

■Good communication skills (English is better than grunts and growls)
    ■Experience wielding a club
    ■The ability to lift an average-sized adult male in full knight armor
    ■Strong multitasking skills (remember, traveler will approach from BOTH sides of the bridge)

The poster-who-must-not-be-named fails at all 4. Oddly enough Churchy passes on all 4.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Indeed - what total rubbish.

BTW I will hand over that fiver I owe you for not banning me at the next meet up - is that okay?
    Only a fiver? I had to pay £20.
    See. No favouritism. Just good old fashioned corruption. @eek - BrilloPad is paying monthly. You paid for a year...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Is that the one the 3 billy goats gruff go trip-traping over?
    Wouldn't that make him an ogre not a cretin?

Either way have some mid morning reading

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Yeah but he claims to be rich when in reality he lives under the western way flyover.
    Is that the one the 3 billy goats gruff go trip-traping over?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Thats because I am a good boy.

There was a certain person who had to pay a grand. I would mention names but baiting is not allowed these days. Lets just say that the person is so cretinous that most of their posts contain only the word cretin.
    Yeah but he claims to be rich when in reality he lives under the western way flyover.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Thats because I am a good boy.

There was a certain person who had to pay a grand. I would mention names but baiting is not allowed these days. Lets just say that the person is so cretinous that most of their posts contain only the word cretin.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied

BTW I will hand over that fiver I owe you for not banning me at the next meet up - is that okay?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    What's funny is we're accused of favouritism.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Something to do with April fools day and mods having some fun on that day..
    You could be right - but now we're having fun everyday.

Racist comments and other general f.wittery resulted in some junior members getting bans. Some senior members joined it. The f.wittery seems to happen when the number of active members hovers around a certain level, hence waves of banning. (Above and below this level isn't a problem).

Others were banned by mods testing the infraction/banning process.

What's funny is we're accused of favouritism.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    they keep regurgitating the same old routine.
    The twist for this year is that banning happen all year around and only on 1st April is everybody safe and can do whatever they want on forum up until noon time...

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Something to do with April fools day and mods having some fun on that day. It all started a couple of years ago and they keep regurgitating the same old routine.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Seems that bans these days are a slap on the wrist. Maybe stronger sanctions are needed?

Maybe those bannec should be made to pogo-stick across the M25 before being allowed to return?
    If only they could do stonings online......

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Why are their so many bannings these days?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    started a topic Why are their so many bannings these days?

Why are their so many bannings these days?

Seems that bans these days are a slap on the wrist. Maybe stronger sanctions are needed?

Maybe those bannec should be made to pogo-stick across the M25 before being allowed to return?

Working...
X