• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "A message to anyone thinking of committing Suicide"

Collapse

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Just how fat are you that a train at 5mph hasn't enough momentum to kill you?
    Normally on the underground it’s not the train impact but the 3rd rail, which will electrocute them (as its DC it will cause the person to stick to it (so never help anyone who is stuck until they kill the power)

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    The earlier train was delayed by an hour at Waterloo last night so I arrived home at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    If I commit suicide I will cause the maximum inconvenience possible. Maybe I will drive a truck full of explosives into the dartford tunnel and explode them. Or set off an EMP in the middle of the city.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
    Even if the train were infinitely massive and the collision totally elastic, a person could at maximum only bounce off the train at double their approach speed, i.e. 10 mph in this case, if the person weren't also initially moving towards the train. [If the person were moving towards the train, the recoil speed gets doubled by that amount too, ouch]. The train wouldn't be slowed and the person would instantaneously accelerate to 10mph, a bit like trotting into a brick wall and bouncing off. Best not done with the head. I once walked into a lamppost, but that was more of an inelastic collision, which isn't as bad.

Leave a comment:

• Optimus Prime
    replied
    Originally posted by adubya View Post
    Some throbber jumped under a train I was on last year. At 07:20 as the train was arriving inside Waterloo station itself!

Suffice to say they survived as the train was doing about 5mph

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    Some throbber jumped under a train I was on last year. At 07:20 as the train was arriving inside Waterloo station itself!

Suffice to say they survived as the train was doing about 5mph

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Maybe it's easier to do when the platforms are crowded?
    Nope people fall by accident so others will try and save them.

Sucides don't cause the most disruption.

Teenagers and their pals running along the tracks, or scrots stealing copper wire and actually removing enough before they get themselves electrocuted cause more. Mainly because they have to turn off all the electricity.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Dodgy pushed him to create the vacancy. 180 days after he placed him.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Poor show Dodgy. How come you didn't find out if it was someone who still had a job who'd topped himself. I bet Computer Futures had two rec-cons down there straight away going through his clothes.
    Dodgy pushed him to create the vacancy. 180 days after he placed him.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Maybe it's easier to do when the platforms are crowded?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Can you please not do it on a line out of Waterloo at the height of rush hour. It wont make a blind bit of difference if you go into work a bit later or leave the office earlier - by the time they sack you it wont matter.
    Poor show Dodgy. How come you didn't find out if it was someone who still had a job who'd topped himself. I bet Computer Futures had two rec-cons down there straight away going through his clothes.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    That gives them even less of an excuse
    OK then, maybe they have just fired someone as the company they own goes down the pan?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Maybe they have already been fired after working for a company thats going down the pan quickly
    That gives them even less of an excuse

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Can you please not do it on a line out of Waterloo at the height of rush hour. It wont make a blind bit of difference if you go into work a bit later or leave the office earlier - by the time they sack you it wont matter.
    Maybe they have already been fired after working for a company thats going down the pan quickly

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    started a topic A message to anyone thinking of committing Suicide

A message to anyone thinking of committing Suicide

Working...
X