• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Planning permission for decking"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Pacharan, if you want to hit someone I don't think you need to worry about planning permission.

Leave a comment:

• scooby
    replied
    Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Well, quite. It's the summerhouse that's the big ticket item & I don't need permission for that. Just the decking it's going to stand on.

Can always rip it out in the unlikely event that I get found out.
    Make the decking 25cm high, not 30. simples.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Mate you live in the Wild Wild West. Seems to me the rules down here are do what you want and make sure it does not annoy the neighbours...
    Talking to my tradesmen the majority of the work they do is under the radar of the muppets from the local planning office.
    Went and spoke to a company about demolishing our entire garage and replacing with a new concrete one. He said no need for permission if under 2.5m, no infringement by door on public footpath. and other miscellaneous criteria.

Am having him do the whole lot, so will have his bollocks if there is any comeback from the council.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    Mate you live in the Wild Wild West. Seems to me the rules down here are do what you want and make sure it does not annoy the neighbours...
    Talking to my tradesmen the majority of the work they do is under the radar of the muppets from the local planning office.
    Well, quite. It's the summerhouse that's the big ticket item & I don't need permission for that. Just the decking it's going to stand on.

Can always rip it out in the unlikely event that I get found out.

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Want to install some raised decking in my garden where I'm going to put a summerhouse.

All well and good I thought. Specced it all up to find that you need planning permission for anything over 1 foot high.

That's full blown planning permission, not building regs. Have to draw up plans and submit them, pay a fee (£150) and then wait months on end for the approval.

This has been the case since 2008.

Fecking Nu Labour

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    Originally posted by amcdonald View Post
    Surely you don't need planning permission to go to Bridgwater ?
    No, but body armour can be useful.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Pardon? Wotcha on about?
    http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...annel-7-a.html

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    Wouldn't you be better off putting in some soundproofing?
    Pardon? Wotcha on about?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
    I think he's aiming to make the house so chavtastic his neighbour moves away.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• amcdonald
    replied
    Surely you don't need planning permission to go to Bridgwater ?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Hmmm. Glad I put mine up before 2008. You can't do anything these days without permission, conforming to some 900 page government document or paying for some bloody safety check.

Leave a comment:

• pacharan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I thought you only needed planning permission where it is within 6 feet of a neighbour property?
    Not according to this

Putting up decking, or other raised platforms, in your garden is permitted development, not needing an application for planning permission, providing:

The decking is no more than 30cm above the ground

Together with other extensions, outbuildings etc, the decking or platforms cover no more than 50 per cent of the garden area.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Since it is not a permanent structure I can't see why PP is involved

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I thought you only needed planning permission where it is within 6 feet of a neighbour property?

Though I believe 99% of the sheds in this country are technically flouting planning laws.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X