• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Today is National Talk Like an Agent Day"

Collapse

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    I'll keep your cv on file in case anything else more suitable comes up.....

Have you been put forward for any other roles?

Have you any interviews lined up?

What are you wearing.....? ok I made that one up

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    I can honestly say that the environment now is as toxic and destructive as I have ever seen it....Weed out the morally bankrupt people, no matter how much money they make for the firm. And get the culture right again, so people want to work here for the right reasons. People who care only about making money will not sustain this firm — or the trust of its clients — for very much longer
    Ooops. Wrong thread. No agent would talk like that.

Leave a comment:

• moder8or
    replied
    Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    can you talk?

These are all excellent suggestions, but they should be preceded with "can you talk?" or "is now a good time to talk?"

Good news, I'm calling you back because "they" want to see you for an interview!
    Otherwise, I would'nt bother with any feedback at all from the role you were submitted for, I would just keep you waiting and wondering, and if you called me back, you would be asked what are you calling about and I would be away from my desk

Leave a comment:

• craig1
    replied
    Hi, your colleague x mentioned that you have a vacancy that you're considering advertising. I have some outstanding candidates on our books who can fill any role from CIO to Helldesk Operator, I'll send over their CVs.

(please be aware that if you open a CV then you irrevocably commit to using us as sole agency for every vacancy from now until the world is destroyed.)

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Give us a reference

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    "The rate is £20 per hour"
    "Not interested"

"I've managed to negotiate £23 per hour"
    "Not interested"

"The client has agreed £25 per hour"
    "Still not interested"

"OK, this is as much as I can squeeze, £25.50 per hour. Hello...? Hello...?"

Leave a comment:

• MichaelHunt
    replied
    Notice? What notice?

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Anyone need a lift in my Mini?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I can take a message and he'll call you straight back.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    "So exactly what is Tivoli?"

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I thought it was National Smoking Day.
    I would call you a lying thieving bastard but apparently you are allowed to today.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    So what are you planning to do to mark this astute occasion.
    I thought it was National Smoking Day.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    You must remember you are 100% exclusively represented by me.

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    I know they said in the interview that the client demands you're on site 100%, but as I said, you can do this role from home.

I realise you are already getting a lot more than that but you'd be working alongside people on x so they can't paymore than that.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    Yeah I have these two candidates that would be perfect for interview, they're the best in the business, when can you see them? Today?

Sorry about that, can't understand how that happened, I'll strike them off our books straight away. I have these other two that would be perfect for you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X