• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Low offer a bit fishy?"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    I didn't realise this was permiesuk.com

I must be on the wrong site.....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by sumo View Post

I could ask for the bonus in fish.
    You're talking to the right poster now.

Leave a comment:

• sumo
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    In all seriousness 80k without a bonus is crap. I would be looking for at least 100-120k basic with a 20% bonus. That's the norm.
    Thanks this is useful.

I'll never be able to get this with my experience. Oh wait I could continue contracting...

The question you have to ask is.

What would Jesus do?
    I could ask for the bonus in fish.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied

What would Jesus do?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Huh? I was being flippant about the 1%.

What would Jesus do?

Leave a comment:

• sumo
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    And if you are concerned about £800 on an £80k salary you've got an equally big problem. I'd be looking at rep of company, client base and its reputation on your CV rather more than a slight difference in price.
    Huh? I was being flippant about the 1%.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    250-300k with 200% non performance related Shirley?
    Close to home? Cuts down on train journeys. With next years increases in train fairs I believe an away day weekly ticket is about £2000 so that can add up.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    In all seriousness 80k without a bonus is crap. I would be looking for at least 100-120k basic with a 20% bonus. That's the norm.

HTH

MF
    WHS. My daughter's on more than that with her Saturday job. And she gets a bag of sweets when she meets her sales targets.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    well to be honest if you can't decide whether an offer is good or not, you're not worth 80p let alone 80k

HTH
    And if you are concerned about £800 on an £80k salary you've got an equally big problem. I'd be looking at rep of company, client base and its reputation on your CV rather more than a slight difference in price.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

HTH

MF
    250-300k with 200% non performance related Shirley?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Sigh, why did I bother asking for advice on the Fing board? Oh well lesson learned.

HTH

MF

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Eh? WTF does that mean?

Are you sure you're cut out for creating memes?
    Normally proceeded with Tits Out or GTFO!

How old is Space Cadet? It's like taking your grandad to listen to the wireless at the 'discoteque'

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    Sigh, why did I bother asking for advice on the Fing board? Oh well lesson learned.
    well to be honest if you can't decide whether an offer is good or not, you're not worth 80p let alone 80k

HTH

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Well you might want to read the forum headings and put it in the right place for a start.

Leave a comment:

• sumo
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Good for you, now GTFO.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X