• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dog advice....

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dog advice...."

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    What about a goldfish?

I have quite a few pet spiders.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Have you thought of a see monkey?
    ftfy.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Quite - after much deliberation, I'm not going to go for it just now. It would be for selfish reasons, so I may as well wait until circumstances allow.
    Have you thought of a pet prawn?

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I'm late to the thread, but for me, that sums up why you should NOT get a dog.

People who get dogs all too often think of themselves before the welfare of the dog.
    Quite - after much deliberation, I'm not going to go for it just now. It would be for selfish reasons, so I may as well wait until circumstances allow.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Why exactly were you watching?
    I was formulating ways to kill the dog

By the way, anybody need a dog taken care of, I only charge the cost of the shotgun cartridge
    Last edited by Diver; 1 April 2012, 06:12. Reason: Incompetence

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Diver View Post
    I've seen Dogs eat other dogs poop. roll in it and lick their own genitals, Then watched as the disgusting owners (and others) allow the dog to lick their face and mouth
    Why exactly were you watching?

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    I would add compulsory dog and master training to include dog physiology. More often than not I see dogs taking the owners for a walk. ie the dog is in front and leading the owner. I looked after my friends dog for a year and trained him to walk along side and to obey commands. Once the owner came back; it all went to pot and eventually the dog was put down.
    I go to dog and Mistress training. But I am the dog. :thankyoumistress:

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Dogs should be licensed like firearms and cared for as the law requires children under 14 to be cared for +.
    There should be a Valid reason for owning one (just wanting one "coz it's so cute" should not be a valid reason and anybody that thinks so should be tazered in the face until they come to their senses.
    1. Prospective owners should be vetted thoroughly. A bond of at least £5,000 (Refundable on death of the dog by natural causes) should be paid to ensure that the prospective owner has sufficient commitment.
    2. Dog owners should have at least 5 years full cover vet insurance in place before being allowed to collect their pooch
    3. Dog owners should have 10 years 3rd party liability insurance in place before being allowed to collect their pooch just in case it rips the face off a child or something.
    4. Dog owners should have 10 years insurance in place before being allowed to collect their pooch just in case it fouls a pavement or other public place.
    5. Dog owners should have to pay a £500 a year license
    Dog owners should be accountable under the law for any offence commited by the dog as if they themselves had commited that offence I.e.
    • Unnecesary Barking at night = Owner prosecuted for breach of the peace.
    • Dog bites someone = Owner prosecuted for ABH etc.
    • Dog kills someone = Owner prosecuted for murder or manslaughter.
    • Dog craps in the street = Owner Prosecuted for illegal dumpng of Toxic Waste and public indecency.
    • Dog humps someones leg = Owner gets prosecuted for sexual assault
    You know it makes sense

I would add compulsory dog and master training to include dog physiology. More often than not I see dogs taking the owners for a walk. ie the dog is in front and leading the owner. I looked after my friends dog for a year and trained him to walk along side and to obey commands. Once the owner came back; it all went to pot and eventually the dog was put down.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Dogs should be licensed like firearms and cared for as the law requires children under 14 to be cared for +.
    There should be a Valid reason for owning one (just wanting one "coz it's so cute" should not be a valid reason and anybody that thinks so should be tazered in the face until they come to their senses.
    1. Prospective owners should be vetted thoroughly. A bond of at least £5,000 (Refundable on death of the dog by natural causes) should be paid to ensure that the prospective owner has sufficient commitment.
    2. Dog owners should have at least 5 years full cover vet insurance in place before being allowed to collect their pooch
    3. Dog owners should have 10 years 3rd party liability insurance in place before being allowed to collect their pooch just in case it rips the face off a child or something.
    4. Dog owners should have 10 years insurance in place before being allowed to collect their pooch just in case it fouls a pavement or other public place.
    5. Dog owners should have to pay a £500 a year license
    Dog owners should be accountable under the law for any offence commited by the dog as if they themselves had commited that offence I.e.
    • Unnecesary Barking at night = Owner prosecuted for breach of the peace.
    • Dog bites someone = Owner prosecuted for ABH etc.
    • Dog kills someone = Owner prosecuted for murder or manslaughter.
    • Dog craps in the street = Owner Prosecuted for illegal dumpng of Toxic Waste and public indecency.
    • Dog humps someones leg = Owner gets prosecuted for sexual assault
    You know it makes sense
    WHS

Get a cat instead or a Glock or both...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I've seen Dogs eat other dogs poop. roll in it and lick their own genitals, Then watched as the disgusting owners (and others) allow the dog to lick their face and mouth
    Was that call two dogs one cup?

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Until the dog poops everywhere and bites the kid.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Well people are more important than dogs so what's wrong with that?
    Until the dog poops everywhere and bites the kid.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Well people are more important than dogs so what's wrong with that?

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    ...so, I want to get a dog and I work full time
    I'm late to the thread, but for me, that sums up why you should NOT get a dog.

People who get dogs all too often think of themselves before the welfare of the dog.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Dogs should be licensed
    So posh women who keep Chihuahuas in their purses would need a special license to carry a concealed dog?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X