• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Swiss firm to create 500 jobs in Edinburgh"

Collapse

• Vandalay
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Yeah but 250 a day?
    There's plenty of high paying roles up here, but the rates are more widely spread. PM roles start at something stupid like 300, but there are plenty out there that go to London rates 700+. In my field, MI, I see roles from 250 to 500 which is more or less on par with London.

Leave a comment:

• Vandalay
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Fill yer boots - did I mention my Edinburgh in apartment is available for a special monthly rental?

Swiss firm to create 500 jobs in Edinburgh - Management - Scotsman.com

Professional IT workers in London must be in short supply or something.
    One of the reasons they're coming up here must be that their first (and only?) UK client to date is RBS Coutts. I've worked at their offices in Zurich. Decent system... better make sure I mention that on my CV then!

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    I work in Edinburgh a lot in banking related work, that's me set for the next decade!!
    Isn't all banking work in Edinburgh now actually either public sector or supermarkets?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Nope try doubling that then taking off 200 and adding 50.
    That's too hard, I'm not sasguru!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    WRS but add another 50.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Yeah but 250 a day?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Yeah but 250 a day?
    Considering what they are probably paying in Switzerland I reckon the rates will be half decent and still look like a bargain for them.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I work in Edinburgh a lot in banking related work, that's me set for the next decade!!
    Yeah but 250 a day?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Wo cares where they're from as long as the BTL's are kept full.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Well of course they will all be foreign, British people have given up on IT as a career as it involves thinking and the rewards for doing so have been systematically undermined by successive governments immigration policies.
    Thinking that through it implies that the graduates from the UK applying for IT jobs don't and can't think.

Actually I take that back I've met a few of clientco's recent intake

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Well of course they will all be foreign, British people have given up on IT as a career as it involves thinking and the rewards for doing so have been systematically undermined by successive governments immigration policies.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post

Also, you forgot to mention the likelihood that the graduates are all Chinese.
    enough to warm yer cockles

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by eek View Post
    No 425 poles and 75 graduates who may be scottish but will probably of Polish descent.
    Our politicians, regardless of which parliament they sit in cannot be so stupid as to fall for this. They must have their hand in the till.

Also, you forgot to mention the likelihood that the graduates are all Chinese.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Do I understand this correctly?

A Swiss company is creating jobs in Scotland for 500 Poles, mostly financed by English taxpayers?
    No 425 poles and 75 graduates who may be scottish but will probably of Polish descent.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X