• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is they worth studying?"

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by arakis777 View Post
    Yes my main grammatical error was purely intentional - at least it got some response. Pity I can't edit the thread title though now . Anyway I would appreciate any constructive responses.
    Really?

You can give up constructive anything with that smart-arse strategy.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    What makes you think I haven't used jobserve or any of the other agencies, I can see I am wasting my time with cretins like yourself. I have managed to keep myself in this industry for over 20 years but no brakes apart from this one. I got my first contract within 3 weeks of being made redundant (along with all my team) at my last permie, so I must be doing something right. I am getting a lot of responses again this time from my CV but mostly permanent interviews. All I am after is some advice that is all, if you have nothing constructive to say, keep stum!
    Oi Admin, can we have a throwing toys out of pram "smiley"?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    ftfy.
    You're just jealous because you haven't got any.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    What makes you think I haven't used jobserve or any of the other agencies, I can see I am wasting my time with cretins like yourself. I have managed to keep myself in this industry for over 20 years but no brakes apart from this one. I got my first contract within 3 weeks of being made redundant (along with all my team) at my last permie, so I must be doing something right. I am getting a lot of responses again this time from my CV but mostly permanent interviews. All I am after is some advice that is all, if you have nothing constructive to say, keep stum!
    Sas! Welcome back.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    All I am after is some advice that is all, if you have nothing constructive to say, keep stum!
    Last edited by eek; 11 March 2012, 11:14.

Leave a comment:

• arakis777
    replied
    Are they Worth Studying?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    And lo, as if by magic the office retard pops his head round the door! "No thanks, nothing for the post trolley!"
    'Your usual salt and vinegar sir? No? Maybe later. I'll ask Dave in the postroom to see if your sense of humour has arrived yet'

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    And lo, as if by magic the office retard pops his head round the door! "No thanks, nothing for the post trolley!"

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    FFS! Try looking on Jobserve.

You're obviously a sockie because no-one is that dumb, apart from MarillionFan but he's our care-in-the-community project.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    This is General, we are allowed to take the piss. Post in the others where only NLUK is allowed to take the piss
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Yes I think I will take the plunge on some of these at least, I see there is a demand for Citrix administrators at the moment.
    FFS! Try looking on Jobserve.

You're obviously a sockie because no-one is that dumb, apart from MarillionFan but he's our care-in-the-community project.

Leave a comment:

• arakis777
    replied
    Are they worth studying?

Yes I think I will take the plunge on some of these at least, I see there is a demand for Citrix administrators at the moment.

I am certainly not crap on the Mobile stuff, even passed a tough boot camp exam on it. I just have not got many approaches about it from my CV. Perhaps I need to redo my CV.

As from my limited knowledge, the contractors I have worked with , were very friendly and willing to share knowledge (both ways). That is the experience of my friends in the industry, who have also ended up contracting. Not one of my mates said they would ever go back to permanent. I know I am fairly new to this, so may well meet some back stabbers etc along the way.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    Do you want to see some tits?
    ftfy.

OP, look what the market is doing and make your decisions based on what you think is going to happen.

If you've been involved with telcos on the 2G, 3G stuff I would think it would be too hard to find your next contract.

Samsung, Motorola and Nokia are all looking for contractors, so you're either crap or just not looking in the right places.

As for Contractors looking after each other, what do you think it is, the Masons?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Do you like films about gladiators?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X