• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "If you were going to top yourself, what would be your preferred modus operandi?"

Collapse

• Zoiderman
    replied
    I think play the long game: Study nuclear physics, convert to islam, become an iranian nurclear scientist**

**Could be moot by July.

Leave a comment:

• lukemg
    replied
    As seen on Nip/Tuck. Stock up on sleeping pills from doc till you have a shedload. Scoff the lot then fix plastic bag round head with lassy bands. You drift off then suffocate - job done....
    There are policies that pay life insurance for suicide from day one ! Most only pay after 12 months.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    I can't believe no one has mentioned the way to kill yourself, getting a job at Foxconn

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    And in those dear dead days beyond recall, if you failed, they prosecuted you for the attempt.

And you had a hell of a big gas bill to boot.

The combination was enough to make you top yoursel'

There is a theory Hitler topped himself after getting his last gas bill

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I have a relative who frequently threatens to do this.

But, wtf, this is CUK afterall.

Sensitivity isn't a strong point, specifically in General.

If a thread offends thee, then don't fecking read it.
    As I pointed out in another comment my real complaint is the lack of options.

Suicide by Cop and driving your car are two of the many life assurance friendly options that are missing.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Michaeal Portillo examined a similar issue:

How to Kill a Human Being - in search of a painless death • videosift.com
    (30 minutes in)

His criteria include: quick, painless, guaranteed, no medical expertise, not gory.

His solution was hypoxia, i.e. oxygen starvation. He allowed himself to be subjected to controlled oxygen starvation, and described the effect as a sense of euphoria and self-confidence. He thought the experiment had failed despite being unable to subtract 3 from 8 correctly or to replace his mask when requested to do so.

He went in a decompression chamber to simulate oxygen starvation, but breathing an inert gas such helium and nitrogen brings on unconsciousness in 15 seconds in animals who continue to feed before going under.
    Sounds like one of the sprint meetings at clientco

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You failed at that too, right?
    No, not me.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    What a depressing thread for a Monday morning.

Especially for those of us who have had close personal experience of suicide.
    I commented on that on Friday night on page 1. It didn't stop anyone.

Originally posted by eek View Post
    My brother nearly did it from Beachy Head. One of my friends from Uni was found by his mum hung and I know a train driver who had to give up work having run over 2 people and not being able to do anything about it.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post

You failed at that too, right?

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Remember those rather odd "suicides" back in the 80s?

They were all employees of companies doing hush hush stuff and were variously found decapitated after tying a rope around neck, other end to tree & driving off, or burned to a crisp in a car that hit a pub at high speed with 5 gallon drums of petrol in the passenger compartment.

Most curious.

Oh yes, the Marconi Sonar chaps... iirc

Just found this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GEC-Mar...spiracy_theory

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Carbon monoxide poisoning. Start car in locked garage, put nice music on stereo. Simples.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Michaeal Portillo examined a similar issue:

How to Kill a Human Being - in search of a painless death • videosift.com
    (30 minutes in)

His criteria include: quick, painless, guaranteed, no medical expertise, not gory.

His solution was hypoxia, i.e. oxygen starvation. He allowed himself to be subjected to controlled oxygen starvation, and described the effect as a sense of euphoria and self-confidence. He thought the experiment had failed despite being unable to subtract 3 from 8 correctly or to replace his mask when requested to do so.

He went in a decompression chamber to simulate oxygen starvation, but breathing an inert gas such helium and nitrogen brings on unconsciousness in 15 seconds in animals who continue to feed before going under.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

This is quite interesting

Guillotine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post

BTW, the only sure way to die with the minimal amount of suffering in decapitation.
    I bet she beg's to differ

Margaret Pole, Countess of Salisbury - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

Working...
X