• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Suggestions please!"

Collapse

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    Actually they are crisps. Arf arf. I do agree as it happens - never been a big fan of them or indeed any prawn cocktail flavoured potato snacks.
    Corn snack

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    Skips are foul, but flying saucers are rather yummy!
    Actually they are crisps. Arf arf. I do agree as it happens - never been a big fan of them or indeed any prawn cocktail flavoured potato snacks.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    So do Skips crisps (if they still exist) and those flying saucer things...

Skips are foul, but flying saucers are rather yummy!

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC1964
    Hmmm... Maltesers. They melt in the mouth you know.
    So do Skips crisps (if they still exist) and those flying saucer things...

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    They speak Maltese in Malta, not Greek
    Hmmm... Maltesers. They melt in the mouth you know.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Greek lessons?
    Watersports?
    They speak Maltese in Malta, not Greek

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by threaded
    I've done the OU Greek courses. Quite good fun and most recommended.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill
    Greek lessons?
    Watersports?
    I've done the OU Greek courses. Quite good fun and most recommended.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    Things are so hideously boring sitting around doing nowt all day that I have elected to learn a new skill. Might as well make the most of that public sector money while it's being handed out.

Any suggestions for something I could have a go at? Was thinking along the lines of CBT/online training. Can't be anything that requires software installation, although I could bring in my laptop if I really fancied being cheeky (have brought in my Open Uni books before, so I'll probably get away with it!).

It's a shame there isn't an 'asleep' smiley!
    Greek lessons?
    Watersports?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I have to say that something along those lines is on my 'things to keep me occupied' list. I need a decent challenge that will stop my brain from slowly rotting. My contract is due to end at the end of July but there is a fair chance of it being extended.

Ideally I want to be able to work from home, from any location (to aid my relocation to Malta plans) so I have been researching options in that area. (No, I will not be setting up a home massage parlour for naughty MPs) Not technically a plan B like you chaps have been organising as I'll still have to do the work rather than just count the cash but it's a start!

Leave a comment:

• privateeye
    replied
    Find a plan B so you don't need to be bored, and it is always better to learn a new skill on something that is real and just doesn't popup and hello world.

I've had 2 months where I am with not a single piece of work being assigned to me - ends tommorrow I have taken this as being paid to finish development on my plan b and also finish the marketing plan so when my contract ends tommorrow I can really get on and try and sell it. I thought it might be a bit cheeky to be on the phone in clients time cold calling etc

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Knitting?

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    you could teach yourself to jugle with fire sticks
    juggle

Or perhaps bugle with fire sticks - now that would be an accomplishment.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    you could teach yourself to jugle with fire sticks

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    started a topic Suggestions please!

Suggestions please!

Things are so hideously boring sitting around doing nowt all day that I have elected to learn a new skill. Might as well make the most of that public sector money while it's being handed out.

Any suggestions for something I could have a go at? Was thinking along the lines of CBT/online training. Can't be anything that requires software installation, although I could bring in my laptop if I really fancied being cheeky (have brought in my Open Uni books before, so I'll probably get away with it!).

It's a shame there isn't an 'asleep' smiley!

Working...
X