• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rap/Hip Hop recommendations"

Collapse

• Jeremiah@RHJAccountants
    replied
    Originally posted by NickWallace87 View Post
    I came across this today whilst browsing for an accountant and all I can say is "what the f#$k".

Danbro Contractor Accountants - Release Rap Single

If this is really what their clients fees pay for I will steer well clear!
    As an accountant we are not all wannbe Rappers but i have got to admit i am interested to see the lyrical content.

How anyone can make Tax and, P & L accounts and Balance sheets sound exciting and hip is gonna be a mystery

also to add to the list the Nas Illmatic and stimatic albums Very social conscious at the time

looks like it is time to put down the calculator and pick up the mic

Leave a comment:

• GillsMan
    replied
    Three pages in and no-one's mentioned the Wu (except for one reference to Ghostface Killah)? Jesus wept.

Wu Tang Clan - Enter the 36 Chambers - for old school
    Wu Tang Clan - Forever - for some slightly newer stuff (includes Triumph and Reuinited, amazyballs songs)
    GZA - Liquid Swords - quite simply the best hip hop album ever
    Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Links

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    Hammer-time!

Nah, just kidding!

Common - I Want You - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It's a bit different, but The Streets are cool.

The JZ/Kanye collaboration album seems pretty good.

Leave a comment:

• NickWallace87
    replied
    I came across this today whilst browsing for an accountant and all I can say is "what the f#$k".

Danbro Contractor Accountants - Release Rap Single

If this is really what their clients fees pay for I will steer well clear!

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Thanks all for the recommendations - I will check 'em out

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Turn it off, stop pretending you're 'street'/'hip'/'fly'/'phat'/'keepin it real'/'chillin' etc etc etc, and listen to something decent instead (IMHO).
    I'm not doing it for that - I'm not pretending to be anything. That first Kanye album was entertaining but it also had some worthwhile social comment. I try to be extremely selective about what I bother to listen to - but obviously you have to listen to some stuff you don't like to find out what you do.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Beastie Boys, Licensed To Ill, and their recent stuff is also decent.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Rap/Hip Hop recommendations

Turn it off, stop pretending you're 'street'/'hip'/'fly'/'phat'/'keepin it real'/'chillin' etc etc etc, and listen to something decent instead (IMHO).

Leave a comment:

• PorkPie
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Venomous Villain
    Followed by the less successful "Virtuous Virginal Villain"

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by PorkPie View Post
    2001 - Dr Dre - one of the best hip hop album ever.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    MF Doom (try the two Viktor Vaughn albums, Vaudeville Villain and can't remember the name of the other) .
    Venomous Villain

Leave a comment:

• DieScum
    replied
    If you like Kanye and GLC (pretty big gap between them) I'd say you'd like The Black Album by Jay-Z and The Pretty Toney Album by Ghostface.

Both classics.

Saw Kanye here in Sydney couple of months back. Felt like a bit of a grandad but a wicked concert.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    My recommendation is that it's all crap so don't listen to it.

HTH.
    rap is only 75% of crap.

igmc.

Leave a comment:

• Jeremiah@RHJAccountants
    replied
    Dr Dre The Chronic and Dr Dre 2001

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle 1992

Most of 2 Pac albums

Old skool Ice Cube

The Game - The Documentary

West coast rap at its best

Most of the BIG singles

LL Cool J in the 90's and early 2000's

50 Cent, Eminem, Ludacris,Bow Wow there is alot of good stuff out there but also some real bad stuff too.

give me old skool everytime

Leave a comment:

Working...
X