• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rap/Hip Hop recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would not know about Hip Hop but for some splendid Chap-Hop I suggest Professor Elemental’s tracks “Cup of Brown Joy” or “Fighting Trousers”
    Growing old is mandatory
    Growing up is optional

Comment

Eminem, Professor Green, Snoop Dog, Ludicris, some of 50 Cent's.

Some rap is SOOOOOOOOOOOO crude though, even I can't be bothered with it.

oh yeah and Vanilla Ice :-) NOT!!.
      Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        I fell out with it when it morphed into gangsta tulipe and then just became totally derivative pointless nonsense a la fiddy et all.

However a chance encounter about 8 years ago with a Goldie Looking Chain album reminded me of the old days and then someone pointed me to that College Dropout album of Kayne's and some of it was quite decent.

So, music officiandos - please let me have some recommendations based on the fact I liked "We don't care", most of Public Enemy's output quite a lot of the Chain (safe spa)
        Can't see videos at the client co so can't see what Freamon has suggested.
        Anyway - I can recommend MF Doom for some proper old school rapping.
        Vaudeville Villain: Viktor Vaughn: Amazon.co.uk: Music

Have a search on youtube for MF Doom My favourite ladies
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

2001 - Dr Dre - one of the best hip hop album ever.
          We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
          - Douglas Adams

Comment

I like a bit of hip-hop

Don't just stick with the mainstream, try Antipop Consortium (Arrythmia), Blackalicious (Melodica), RJD2 (Constant Elevation Mix Tape, Your Face or Your Kneecaps and lots more), MF Doom (try the two Viktor Vaughn albums, Vaudeville Villain and can't remember the name of the other) and you really should check out, J Dilla (Donuts, The Shining):

Will try and list out some of my other fave's later when in the office.

Comment

Nasty Nas in you area, causing mass hysteria - this was too good to forget to put in

Comment

Eminem - Recovery. Awesome album.
                Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Dr Dre The Chronic and Dr Dre 2001

Snoop Dogg - Doggystyle 1992

Most of 2 Pac albums

Old skool Ice Cube

The Game - The Documentary

West coast rap at its best

Most of the BIG singles

LL Cool J in the 90's and early 2000's

50 Cent, Eminem, Ludacris,Bow Wow there is alot of good stuff out there but also some real bad stuff too.

give me old skool everytime

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    My recommendation is that it's all crap so don't listen to it.

HTH.
                    rap is only 75% of crap.

igmc.

Comment

If you like Kanye and GLC (pretty big gap between them) I'd say you'd like The Black Album by Jay-Z and The Pretty Toney Album by Ghostface.

Both classics.

Saw Kanye here in Sydney couple of months back. Felt like a bit of a grandad but a wicked concert.

Comment

Working...
                      X