• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: softcheaper.com

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "softcheaper.com"

Collapse

• gadgetman
    replied
    I got Office Pro, Visio Pro and Project Pro for $15 each through the "Microsoft Home Use Program" where I used to work. It was even open to contractors.

An extra $15 each if you wanted the DVDs. Mac version was the same price.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Misread the thread title as sofaking.com and was rather disappointed to find a serious thread in General. Where are the mods?
    Is that better ?
    Our prices are Sofa King Low!

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Misread the thread title as sofacheaper.com and was rather disappointed to find a serious thread in General. Where are the mods?

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    There shouldn't be an issue for anyone wanting Microsoft Software in this day and age. The Action Pack subscription is peanuts. I pay about £300 and get all the legit software I could ever need. You don't even need to be miss using technet subscriptions...

10 copies of win7/word/office/visio/project/
    Server OS + smallbusiness server.
    and a whole raft of crap I will probably never use.

Why risk stealing licences when they are less than one days turnover?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Why not pay £ 0 for Open Office?
    No good to me. None of my clients use it.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    It says your business has to be less than 3 years old though. It looks really good though if you are eligible.
    Definitley eligible as I have started a new software development business as a Plan B. Looking forward to talking with the Bizspark team and seems there are good marketing opportunities too.

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Hadn't heard about Bizspark before I read it on here so registered this morning and just had approval a few minutes ago. Lots of cool stuff for free
    It says your business has to be less than 3 years old though. It looks really good though if you are eligible.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Because he's having new ERP software that needs a minimum of Office 2007.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Bizspark cheaper and it allows you to use the software in a business capacity.
    Hadn't heard about Bizspark before I read it on here so registered this morning and just had approval a few minutes ago. Lots of cool stuff for free

Leave a comment:

• Durbs
    replied
    Software4students is great, different software houses impose different restrictions on what they will accept as meeting their acedemic license criteria though.

The missus bought some Adobe products from there and they were pretty strict on asking for scans to prove her teaching credentials before the license code was released.

Think the MS stuff is easier to get but dont assume that because your little Timmy is in Primary school it'll entitle you to buy anything on there from Adobe - they do check.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    If you have a teacher as a wife or husband, or children...
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Another vote for software for students, all I can say is thank god I got my alumni .ac.uk email address
    Bizspark cheaper and it allows you to use the software in a business capacity.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Anyone got any experience of dealing with thse guys?

£139 for 'MS-Office 2010 pro' is a lot more attractive than the usual £350, but is it legal? Obviously they say it is, but a small voice is whispering 'beware' . . .

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Another vote for software for students, all I can say is thank god I got my alumni .ac.uk email address

Leave a comment:

Working...
X