• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bristol bus driver 'used vehicle as weapon'"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    This is not confined only to Bristol but appears to be a decline in road standards and manners nationally.
    This country is going downhill. Everyone expects their rights but not their responsibilities. The nanny state needs dismantling. Children should be treated like children and adults like adults (instead of visa versa).

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    There seems to be a pecking order with road users these days.

In London I have noticed cyclists are getting more aggressive towards pedestrians and cyclists aiming and yelling at pedestrians crossing the road. I had one the other day; the road was empty apart from a woman cyclist (Green Peace activist type) who aimed at me a shouted get off the f’in road. I am very tempted to kick the next one who tries that.
    And as a cyclist I would absolutely support you. I still think cyclists are the worst road users. Followed by women in cars and then pedestrians. Suprisingly white van man and lorry drivers are the best.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    WHS

Very dull socky - should be banned for good.
    I thought for a bit it was the cyber-twaty come back to haunt us but this one has a bit of a nasty streak so I'm not convinced now.

Regardless, just as odious.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Methinks the lady doth protest too much.
    You're the one that fantasises about others genitals.

Get some help pervert ..

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    WHS

Very dull socky - should be banned for good.

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    At least I have one.

I hazard a guess that is the reason why you call yourself a mule, because you're aware of your almost non existent genitals and would be lying by calling yourself a stallion. Also that is the reason why you daydream of my penis, because of penis envy. You're one of those creepy perverts who is afraid at the urinal to pull his todger out and just stares at everyone elses.

But the good news is penis envy is a recognised condition so I suggest you see a therapist, because Im not queer so daydreaming of my penis may not be appropriate ...

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    I like to call a dick a dick.

You're a dick.
    At least I have one.

I hazard a guess that is the reason why you call yourself a mule, because you're aware of your almost non existent genitals and would be lying by calling yourself a stallion. Also that is the reason why you daydream of my penis, because of penis envy. You're one of those creepy perverts who is afraid at the urinal to pull his todger out and just stares at everyone elses.

But the good news is penis envy is a recognised condition so I suggest you see a therapist, because Im not queer so daydreaming of my penis may not be appropriate ...

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied

Call it what you like, but the dictionary defines it as integrity
    I like to call a dick a dick.

You're a dick.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    In the case of child pedestrians especially school children lots of them have been run into and knocked over by cyclists who don't stop at red lights, zebra crossings with the lollypop man/lady or when they are cycling on the pavement.
    One should always be careful at a zebra crossing ..

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied

In London I have noticed cyclists are getting more aggressive towards pedestrians and cyclists aiming and yelling at pedestrians crossing the road. I had one the other day; the road was empty apart from a woman cyclist (Green Peace activist type) who aimed at me a shouted get off the f’in road.
    In London pedestrians if they decide they want to cross the road they just walk into expecting all the traffic to stop to let them.

While this works with cars certain groups of pedestrians - mainly teenage children and some adults - haven't worked out they can't do that with vans, buses, HGVs, black cabs and cyclists.

In the case of buses and HGVs their have been some teenage deaths due to this in the past few years.

In the case of cyclists lots of them have been hit and nearly been knocked of their bikes by adult and teenage pedestrians doing that. The cycle superhighway ways don't help as pedestrians stop in them not realising that come cyclists are actually very fit and can be going faster than 20mph on the flat.

In the case of child pedestrians especially school children lots of them have been run into and knocked over by cyclists who don't stop at red lights, zebra crossings with the lollypop man/lady or when they are cycling on the pavement.

I am very tempted to kick the next one who tries that.
    Just make sure it's a man as you won't get much sympathy from the other people at the crossing if you pick on a female cyclist.

I've seen some fights start due to cyclists deciding a red light doesn't apply to them. They stop very quickly when the cyclist realises other people are going to get involved and they aren't going to be on his side.....

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I'm currently visiting Bristol on a regular basis & confirm:
    1. There are lots of arrogant fookers riding bikes in Bristol who think road laws do not apply to them
    2. There are lots of piss poor (and arrogant) drivers in Bristol
    3. There are lots of people in Bristol who look like that bus driver

This is not confined only to Bristol but appears to be a decline in road standards and manners nationally.

In London I have noticed cyclists are getting more aggressive towards pedestrians and cyclists aiming and yelling at pedestrians crossing the road. I had one the other day; the road was empty apart from a woman cyclist (Green Peace activist type) who aimed at me a shouted get off the f’in road. I am very tempted to kick the next one who tries that.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    +1

There does seem to be a general decline in the level of civility in Britain.
    Why do you say that arse face.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    1. There are lots of arrogant fookers riding bikes in Bristol who think road laws do not apply to them

+1

There does seem to be a general decline in the level of civility in Britain.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Is there a ranking board somewhere?

Anyway, the reason why I rank so lowly, is if someone asks for my opinion, I'll give it and I dont just follow the crowd to be a loved little lamb that wont get slaughtered.

Call it what you like, but the dictionary defines it as integrity
    No, it's because you're a troll.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X