• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What do you call your living room?"

Collapse

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
    What's your favorite Board Game? We've been getting into Pandemic recently.
    The Settlers series are a firm favourite, or he old GW games are still good (Warrior Knights, Kings & Things etc.) I have played pandemic & that was good fun: don’t have a copy yet

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    woonkamer

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    It's open plan so we just call it "downstairs". Unless we're in one of the below ground rooms, in which case it's "upstairs".

However, we'd use "living room".
    Oooh! Is there a suggestion of handcuffs, Sir? Ooooh, suits you Sir!

Leave a comment:

• KimberleyChris
    replied
    Which one? The one in the West wing or the East Wing?

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    We call it The Lounge as that's what it is. It's full of sofas and I lounge in there or my study. The rest of the downstairs living area is open plan. "Living Room" is what we had when I was growing up - it's very dated now.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Wohnzimmer unless in English mode then its front room...

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    It's open plan so we just call it "downstairs". Unless we're in one of the below ground rooms, in which case it's "upstairs".

However, we'd use "living room".

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    I assume you refer to yours as the salon. You know, the room with the tanning bed in it.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I can see a lot of IT Geeks conforming to stereotype on this thread
    I assume you refer to yours as the salon. You know, the room with the tanning bed in it.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    We have 2 "The Lounge", the large one and the "Middle Lounge" a snug one.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    I can see a lot of IT Geeks conforming to stereotype on this thread

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
    Considering that, that room holds the 100+ collection of board games, all the 40k minis, all the RPG books & has a 5’ x 10’ table it is rightly referred to The Games Room
    What's your favorite Board Game? We've been getting into Pandemic recently.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Living Room, Kitchen, Dining Room, Bedroom. The toilet is the other room.

AtW (from my Studio flat in Brum)

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Normally I would say lounge - but we have 2 - front room and back room. The kids are confined in the back room.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Living Room, the room out back where the coffin was when my aunt passed away is the dying room

Leave a comment:

Working...
X