• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Sleeping on it.

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Sleeping on it."

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Spent all day writing these notes up & preparing a presentation. Only half way through but this stuff is pure fools gold. Hope the client likes it on Wednesday otherwise I'm fooked.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Spent all day writing these notes up & preparing a presentation. Only half way through but this stuff is pure gold. Hope the client likes it on Wednesday otherwise I'm fooked.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Not a good idea to sleep on it too often, otherwise the lack of blood flow will make it go numb and drop off.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Odd.
    Makes sense because at 5 freaking am on Saturday not even Nick posts on CUK so you can't waste your time on here

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    I find that happens quite a lot.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    And tonight, just as you're nodding off, your brain will remember the one crucial thing it forgot, and means the whole thing won't work.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    And tonight, just as you're nodding off, your brain will remember the one crucial thing it forgot, and means the whole thing won't work.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    a five star what?
    System addict.

Just woken back up and gone downstairs. Somebody has come along and left me 20'pages of notes with diagrams, process flows & everything!

I feel like the cobbler.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I thought that was because you're a *****...
    a five star what?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    This is exactly why I spend so much time fannying about.
    I thought that was because you're a *****...

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    This is exactly why I spend so much time fannying about.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Your brain can spend so much time processing interrupts that it doesn't get chance to do the core processing.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Maybe the brain needs to relax and then it does the equivalent to processing run like in the old mainframe days. At work I often solve a problem without consciously working on it while going to make a cup of tea.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    started a topic Sleeping on it.

Sleeping on it.

The brain never ceases to amaze me. Having gone to bed early due to a knackering challenging week over a new complex project with no solution or with any way to even approach the analysis.

The little old brain has continued working away while I have been asleep & then at 4 O clock it gives me a gentle nudge & eureka!

In the last 1.5 hours managed to document an entire approach to analysis, proposed solution, gap analysis, challenges, timescales & key deliverables.

Done more this morning than the whole last two weeks.

Odd.

Working...
X