• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Well I wouldn't want to disappoint"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    On the other hand, in the hypothetical case you were an incompetent buffoon, you would go blithely from cockup to failure, totally unaware that you weren't a linchpin of success.
    Yeah but what's the chance of that?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    On the other hand, in the hypothetical case you were an incompetent buffoon, you would go blithely from cockup to failure, believing that you were the linchpin of success and missing the epic failure.
    FTFY (well for suity) but ho hum.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I've yet to be involved in a project that failed or died in my entire career.
    On the other hand, in the hypothetical case you were an incompetent buffoon, you would go blithely from cockup to failure, totally unaware that you weren't a linchpin of success.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Very good point.

But the project I worked on succeeded and allowed the company I worked for to win a £30million contract from Accenture.

Then I left.

Then it fooked up. (ie. Opposite of Suity )
    Surely the clue is in the word Accenture.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Really? You've mentioned NHS quite a few times.
    Very good point.

But the project I worked on succeeded and allowed the company I worked for to win a £30million contract from Accenture.

Then I left.

Then it fooked up. (ie. Opposite of Suity )

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    If you leave six months before the project is canned does it count?

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I'm adopted.

But thanks.
    No charge.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Unlike your parents.
    I'm adopted.

But thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Unlike your parents.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am speechless. Life has always always been fair to me. Is it not for you?

I mean, of all the talk boards I could have ended up on, I landed at CUK where everyone is so mature and supportive.
    We all end up in the forum we deserve.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Cheer up...

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Most of the contract gigs I got were pure and simply to clean up the mess permies or other contractors created or skills were required that the permies didn't have. What's the big deal?

There isn't a workplace in the world that doesn't have incompetent people. Get on with the job, document everything to cover yer arse and invoice.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I like it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X