• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: SKA News

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "SKA News"

Collapse

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Hope it goes well today. Don't expect us to stop having a laugh at your expense though. That's already been patented.

Leave a comment:

• ThomasSoerensen
    replied
    Good to hear Alex

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Congratulations. The SKA project is an impressive piece of work and you have been so dedicated to making it work. Well done. I hope it pays off for you.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    First SKA patent application filed...

Presenting some cool stuff in the City tomorrow
    Well done!

Make sure you wave as you walk past my office.

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I see this going to AtW Dotcoms head.

FBI ready to pounce...

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Nice one

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    First SKA patent application filed...

Presenting some cool stuff in the City tomorrow
    W00T!

About ten years ago I was on a gig that led to a patent. The really cool thing was that the problem was raised on Friday morning, and the solution was presented on Monday morning. Then again, the chap with the solution did have a PhD in the subject.

But given that the problem was "We have to assume that SSL can be broken and ensure that the product will remain secure when that happens..."

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    That's because the patent is actually a process for creating sockie accounts on bulletin boards and posting tulip.

The bug is fixed for sure but I am running out of memory now! FFS, 72 GB RAM does not get you far these days - good thing new SKA servers now come with 16 GB DIMMs!
    Last edited by AtW; 2 February 2012, 00:32.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    That's because the patent is actually a process for creating sockie accounts on bulletin boards and posting tulip.

I'm going to cite prior art. But many of our brethren seem to be able to own a mansion and still post bollocks all day.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Well done and good luck with the meeting with the City spekulants tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    He won't get it - surely you beat him to it?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    AND still able to multitask and post bollocks on CUK

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied

Nice one AtW! Hope the process goes well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X