• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contracting in an Agile Environment"

Collapse

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Count yourself lucky. I've just been told I'm going to Canada in two weeks(for a week) to meet the stakeholders & gather requirements for a new product and to then review the inputs, outputs, processes and GUI with the client.
    Yeah, that's the official line. The truth is we're holding a party and need to get rid of you for a few days.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    How do you go about reconciling the need, as a contractor, for less direction and contol with the agile management method which almost boils down to micro managing?
    Count yourself lucky. I've just been told I'm going to Canada in two weeks(for a week) to meet the stakeholders & gather requirements for a new product and to then review the inputs, outputs, processes and GUI with the client.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    My inkling is that its a BI project so micro managing is more I want this data not that, that doesn't look right are you sure the calculation is ok....

No amount of timeboxing is going to fix those issues.
    But that's not agile that's just micro managing...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Be the PM in an agile project.

Sorted.

(and if the team is involved in timeboxing, I'm not sort how it can be too micro managed...)
    My inkling is that its a BI project so micro managing is more I want this data not that, that doesn't look right are you sure the calculation is ok....

No amount of timeboxing is going to fix those issues.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Be the PM in an agile project.

Sorted.

(and if the team is involved in timeboxing, I'm not sort how it can be too micro managed...)

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    How do you go about reconciling the need, as a contractor, for less direction and contol with the agile management method which almost boils down to micro managing?
    Are you sure its an agile environment? I sounds like the frequent case of a micro managed environment with an agile front.

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    What have you done, what are you going to do, what blockers?

Hardly cramping your style surely? Access to stakeholders or more likely proxies, daily and not set role definition bar the scrum master...

Seems liberal enough to me.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    started a topic Contracting in an Agile Environment

Contracting in an Agile Environment

Working...
X