• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Don't flatter yourselves."

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Wage slave? Some of us are brilliantly successful businessmen. I got a whole £130 of online orders last week! (Not to mention £2.21 from sales of my Kindle best seller)
    Harry Potter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

449,999,997 to go.

Leave a comment:

• Lola
    replied
    Apart from main client co, I do some other business on the side. Just last week I did some Oracle with out followed by a mobile phone customer wanting CIM. The extra money came in handy particularly as a colleague wanted some creampie after HR was involved with the watersports.

Leave a comment:

• EricBartlett
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And you are lacking a sense of humour and irony but make up for it with an impressive display of pomposity.

(and I doubt that a 10 mega-tonne bomb could burst your bubble).

PS. Not everything you read here happens in real life, just in case it hasn't dawned on you yet..

Oh and I noticed that you posted the above and immediately logged off and ran for it...

Very nicely put.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    wuold you rather have them all back or none of them back?
    It was the right thing to do, as far as there was a right thing to do. So no, none of them.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Who let the working class in here?
    I think Zeity left the door open when he was running for the train

Hmm, at least that smiley hasn't disappeared, it's my fave.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Who let the working class in here?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I can't believe this forum is full of losers who unlike me do not eat caviar and drink champagne daily

DimPrawn

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Wage slave? Some of us are brilliantly successful businessmen. I got a whole £130 of online orders last week! (Not to mention £2.21 from sales of my Kindle best seller)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    PS. Not everything you read here happens in real life, just in case it hasn't dawned on you yet..
    What happens at CUK should stay at CUK...

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    Personally I spent my money on useful or enjoyable things like 2 houses and a 1967 Mustang. AFAIK my ex-wife still has them.
    wuold you rather have them all back or none of them back?

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    Personally I spent my money on useful or enjoyable things like 2 houses and a 1967 Mustang. AFAIK my ex-wife still has them.
    Ouch

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    I did most of that in the 90's and wasn't even a contractor...

So what did you do with all the money you were earning?

Leave a comment:

• bobspud
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    I used to be a contractor and rode the wave of the late 90's boom (Y2K + dot com), so I've seen what it's like to earn a fat contract rate. I didn't go out and waste my money on flash cars or get drunk on champagne like some were doing, and I never fooled myself into believing that I was rich.
    I did most of that in the 90's and wasn't even a contractor...

So what did you do with all the money you were earning?

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Ah, RichardCranium lives.
    Now living in Italy under the name Testa di Cazzo

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Ah, RichardCranium lives.
    Last seen outside the gents at Wetherspoons talking to Wilmslow...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X