• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: My Lunch

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My Lunch"

Collapse

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Curry burrito day tomorrow.
    Interesting . . . . go on.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Sounds well fattening

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    No need for the gym, I just had a light snack:

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by ChrisPackit View Post
    Think I've burnt 25 calories reading the nonsense on here
    hahaha! I am with you on that one

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    Even at five minutes, you would burn almost double that, you burn 25 calories walking at a slow pace for five minutes, you 'cretin':
    I just posted what the ****ing machine said ok? It was 25 calories over 5 minutes cycle course.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    Think I've burnt 25 calories reading the nonsense on here

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I was for 5 minutes on a bike that counted that many calories burnt after induction you cretin.
    Even at five minutes, you would burn almost double that, you burn 25 calories walking at a slow pace for five minutes, you 'cretin':

Biking at a pace of 14-16 mph = 52 calories

Calories Burned in 5 Minutes of Exercise

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by wim121 View Post
    So the estimate of 25 calories for a gym induction is completely wrong. Shoot the gym staff member who told you that.
    I was for 5 minutes on a bike that counted that many calories burnt after induction you cretin.

Leave a comment:

• wim121
    replied
    Just back from induction at local gym - burnt 25 calories but don't want to know how many of them in foot long Subway sandwidth with chicken tikka, all salad and chilli sauce!
    Only 3-4 hours on the bike in the gym then
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    you burn more than that
    Far more dodgy ....

- You can burn 165 calories just sitting down on an exercise ball over the course of an hour
    - Masturbation burns 100-150 calories over half an hour (presuming atw lasts that long)
    - Your BMR (basic breathing, heart rate, etc) uses more than 25 calories as up to 75% of your daily calorific expenditure is used on BMR. So expect to use more than 1,300 calories a day just staying alive.
    - Eating your lunch uses 80 calories for a medium meal.
    - Even watching TV for an hour uses around 50 calories.

So the estimate of 25 calories for a gym induction is completely wrong. Shoot the gym staff member who told you that.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    I bet the hand he has the dumbell in is his w***ing hand lol

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    you burn more than that
    If you do it while on the exercise bike, preferably behind a young lady on the bike in front, you burn extra!

Wilmslow.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Atw in the gym

I think I am getting the hang of this

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Aerobics if only they had classes like that around here with top totty in, I'd be in there like swimwear lol

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Lose weight, get fitter - I've opted out Aerobics classes though so don't call me Wilmslow
    I like aerobics classes. At least when they contain top totty. Like the lady in the foreground of this picture - Gym membership: finding the right contract for you | Money | guardian.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Why are you going to the gym? In particular what goal? Get fitter, lose weight, destress?
    I'm going to the gym 3 times a week for about 1.5-2 hrs, I'm packing on the muscle and trying to lose the excess from around my waist. It's paying dividends at the moment I had to bin two shirts as I had outgrown them for the right reasons

Leave a comment:

Working...
X