• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Days are numbered !!"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    No probs. Our resident sledge salesman used to refer to it as a 'chippy', but it was actually a bijou bistro-ette.
    Again, stop exaggerating.

TM likes to talk it up a lot. He kept going on about his fishing boat as well, but I free this is the truth.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    No probs. Our resident sledge salesman used to refer to it as a 'chippy', but it was actually a bijou bistro-ette.
    Was it this one in Edinburgh?? NSFW

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    My mistake I thought you previously owned a chippy not a cafe (and I remember your wasn't happy when you sold it).

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Erm, 'scuse me ????

I (we) used to own a cafe, if that's what you mean.
    My mistake I thought you previously owned a chippy not a cafe (and I remember your wasn't happy when you sold it).

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Erm, 'scuse me ????

Let's not exaggerate shall we.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Is that you or you wife (who from memory seemed to enjoy smelling of fish)?
    Erm, 'scuse me ????

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    No. Got my eye on a chippy though....
    Is that you or you wife (who from memory seemed to enjoy smelling of fish)?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Will you be buying a new kebab van next week then?
    No. Got my eye on a chippy though....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    The really funny bit about this whole thing is that on Friday, I dumped my laptop and badge on Programme Manager's desk and headed off. I got a phone call while on my way home to tell me I had to come in this week as they needed a handover to a new PM. Came in this morning and new (permmie) PM who I arranged to meet at 9 AM has gone to another building and is 'too busy' to see me today

So (to keep TF happy) I'm carrying out 'work' in return for payment during my 'notice' period which involves waiting for a guy to find the time to come and speak to me.

Am I the first contractor to get terminated for 'misconduct' then told i couldn't leave immediately ?

No wonder this bank is going down
    Will you be buying a new kebab van next week then?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    And you won't miss them at all!

Have a great arse-free day!
    The really funny bit about this whole thing is that on Friday, I dumped my laptop and badge on Programme Manager's desk and headed off. I got a phone call while on my way home to tell me I had to come in this week as they needed a handover to a new PM. Came in this morning and new (permmie) PM who I arranged to meet at 9 AM has gone to another building and is 'too busy' to see me today

So (to keep TF happy) I'm carrying out 'work' in return for payment during my 'notice' period which involves waiting for a guy to find the time to come and speak to me.

Am I the first contractor to get terminated for 'misconduct' then told i couldn't leave immediately ?

No wonder this bank is going down

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    And you won't miss them at all!

Have a great arse-free day!

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    disguised permie alert
    What a load of pish

It's a contractual term with which they need to comply. You 'just forget the £3k and move on' brigade really need to learn what contracts are all about.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    They're even paying up the seven day notice period
    disguised permie alert

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    All the cocks call me a prick. So I've logically concluded I can't be one.
    By default that makes you a pussy then

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    All the cocks call me a prick. So I've logically concluded I can't be one.
    Maybe they recognise a fellow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X