• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "stop eating them fried breakfasts"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    you guys missed the important bit

Would you ?

Not you Mitch it has a pulse so its on your list.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    So it is true; the wurst is yet to come.

IGMC
    Is it OK to say that he has retired and has taken a turn for the wurst?**

Can you get mine while you are in there.

** Viz at its best.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Currently my favourite sausages are a wild boar and truffle dried sausage produced by an excellent local butcher, South African beef borewors and a local roughly made (not processed) rookworst (smoked sausage). I haven't had a Lincolnshire sausage for a while, but someday I'll be back in the UK and shall immediately go in search of a top quality specimen.

I have a little plan that if I should someday be able to retire, I shall tour the world writing a book about the world's best sausages.
    So it is true; the wurst is yet to come.

IGMC

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Currently my favourite sausages are a wild boar and truffle dried sausage produced by an excellent local butcher, South African beef borewors and a local roughly made (not processed) rookworst (smoked sausage). I haven't had a Lincolnshire sausage for a while, but someday I'll be back in the UK and shall immediately go in search of a top quality specimen.

I have a little plan that if I should someday be able to retire, I shall tour the world writing a book about the world's best sausages.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Now you mentioned frikadeller do you have them hot or cold? I have always had them cold with lashings of senf, but some weirdo's I know like them hot with cheese on top
    I like them hot in a roll with senf.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
    It is a particular technique I discovered years ago and have never found better. It is not really 2 separate processes. I cut up the mushrooms then place them in a pan with a splash of water and a knob of butter. Then cover with a lid and heat. The water bubbles and creates steam. The butter melts and coats the mushrooms. As the water evaporates the butter on the mushrooms fries them.
    It is the best way I have ever cooked mushrooms. It keeps them juicy but gives a crispy finish. They seem to retain lots of flavour too.
    Aaaahh! I see. Interesting technique, I'll give that a go. I usually do mine uncovered with a small knob of butter and a screw of salt and pepper then cook until the mushrooms are about to start releasing their liquid into the pan, that way they stay firm not slimey.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What? I love frikadelle especially with a bit of mustard. They're only big burgers or meatballs. For breakfast the other day in Hamburg there was the fryup (which I had,) the healthy option (which I had to counterattack the fryup) and Matjes, now they are disgusting. Then try Lapskaus for dinner...
    Now you mentioned frikadeller do you have them hot or cold? I have always had them cold with lashings of senf, but some weirdo's I know like them hot with cheese on top

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    BTW darmstadt; is Lapskaus similar to lobscouse?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What? I love frikadelle especially with a bit of mustard. They're only big burgers or meatballs. For breakfast the other day in Hamburg there was the fryup (which I had,) the healthy option (which I had to counterattack the fryup) and Matjes, now they are disgusting. Then try Lapskaus for dinner...
    See my reponse to the honourable poster known as doodab.

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Woah there AB! You steam mushrooms and then fry them? Why?

It is a particular technique I discovered years ago and have never found better. It is not really 2 separate processes. I cut up the mushrooms then place them in a pan with a splash of water and a knob of butter. Then cover with a lid and heat. The water bubbles and creates steam. The butter melts and coats the mushrooms. As the water evaporates the butter on the mushrooms fries them.
    It is the best way I have ever cooked mushrooms. It keeps them juicy but gives a crispy finish. They seem to retain lots of flavour too.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Surely they must have gourmet ones? They have something similar called frikadelle in Germany that are similar but entirely different, those are quite tasty after a few beers.
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I wouldn't even touch a frikadel. Yuk.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Surely they must have gourmet ones? They have something similar called frikadelle in Germany that are similar but more like a burger and I don't think they are deep fried, those are quite tasty after a few beers.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Gyros for breakfast

Only time I ever go to Cloggieland is for WSB Racing at Assen.

One would think that Gyros was the staple diet of the cloggies if you only ever saw the foodstands at the racetrack

Me, being a cosmopolitan Euro-phile can order Kipfilet mit Frites without assistance

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Ignis Fatuus View Post
    If you'll eat frikandellen you'll eat anything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X