• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Working from home - JobbyServe"

Collapse

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I've found setting up searches for this is quite tricky since "home" brings up "home counties" and "remote" often has technical meaning.

On JobServe I did have a filter:
    Code:
    (remote or home or telecommute) not ("home counties" or "sap" or "helpdesk" or "help desk")
    You have to make sure you search separately in UK/EU/US though too - and you don't get too many roles coming up. It's not unheard of especially if you are a techy.

Forums for your relevant techy skills, and relevant LinkedIn groups are good to monitor for this kind of thing, since WFH gigs are often more akin to freelance work.
    Thanks d000gh, good info.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I've found setting up searches for this is quite tricky since "home" brings up "home counties" and "remote" often has technical meaning.

On JobServe I did have a filter:
    Code:
    (remote or home or telecommute) not ("home counties" or "sap" or "helpdesk" or "help desk")
    You have to make sure you search separately in UK/EU/US though too - and you don't get too many roles coming up. It's not unheard of especially if you are a techy.

Forums for your relevant techy skills, and relevant LinkedIn groups are good to monitor for this kind of thing, since WFH gigs are often more akin to freelance work.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    I did that, bring back home counties.
    What about putting in telecommute, home based ?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    This get asked in the forums and they seem pretty few and far between and seem to think most posters that got work like this was from contacts through exiting clients. Not something that is often farmed out to jobserve.

You could try a search to see what others said

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    what about putting location down as home.

HTH
    I did that, bring back home counties.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    what about putting location down as home.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• russell
    started a topic Working from home - JobbyServe

Working from home - JobbyServe

Anyone know how to search for remote/home roles? When I use home keyword it bring back home counties. Current role is a long commute and not exactly mindblowingy exciting work.

Working...
X