• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Passat Owners (don't laugh)"

Collapse

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Says the guy who can barely wait to post at 11:59pm on New Year's Eve.

that was below the belt

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post

If you did you would not be posting on CUK after 11pm - you saddo!
    Says the guy who can barely wait to post at 11:59pm on New Year's Eve.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    I have more interesting things in my life
    If you did you would not be posting on CUK after 11pm - you saddo!

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Why wait? It will be still a dull car next year...
    There are hardly any cars on Autotrader over Christmas, dealers have run their stock down and private sellers have other things on their minds.

I have kids and a bit of sailing kit I occasionally need to move around, I'm not that bothered if it's not a dirty great penis extension as I have more interesting things in my life, just want a half decent motor for not a lot of money.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    I'm going to leave it a month and see whats on the market when everyone realises they couldn't afford Christmas.
    Why wait? It will be still a dull car next year...

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    How much? How many miles per year? etc?

Two seats?
    £10k, 4 seats/doors, 30,000 per year (which should point me towards diesel) :.

I'm going to leave it a month and see whats on the market when everyone realises they couldn't afford Christmas.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    our passat is 2003 tdi 6 speed manual

no complaints, it's accelerates hard and will do 110mph at 3500rpm

sits heavy on the motorway, doesn't drift around

can't complain at that

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Now I've had a couple of glasses of wine I'm thinking sod it the wife has got her new people carrier maybe something sporty? I bought a 5 door last time because of the kids but I can count the number of times they've been in my car on one hand.

Leon Cupra? VW GTI?? 130i has got to be a hoot surely?
    How much? How many miles per year? etc?

Two seats?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Is your life really that dull you actually want to own a Passat when there are lots of interesting cars out there?
    Is your life really that dull that the type of car you travel in is more interesting than the places you are travelling between?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Now I've had a couple of glasses of wine I'm thinking sod it the wife has got her new people carrier maybe something sporty? I bought a 5 door last time because of the kids but I can count the number of times they've been in my car on one hand.

Leon Cupra? VW GTI?? 130i has got to be a hoot surely?

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    WHS
    (no need to explain)

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Is your life really that dull you actually want to own a Passat when there are lots of interesting cars out there?
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    The B5 and B5.5 VW Passat/Skoda Superb really are best avoided. They have some serious problems with water ingress into the electrics and various other places due to some really, really dumb detail engineering around the pollen filter, the battery plenum chamber, the bonnet release grommet, sun roof channel drains etc.... The design faults were around for years and never fixed properly, the internet is full of the horror stories. Best to avoid (especially the 2.0 PD diesel engine which eats engine oil pumps) these cars, IMHO.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    What about the Mazda6 estate? Or the CX-7?

I'd take a punt on the Alfa. Buy an extended warranty.
    Mazda6 is on the list but I forgot to add it, I hear the diesels are tulip and the petrol models aren't very interesting apart from the 2.5 but not many about.

Oh I don't know, change my mind like the wind, probably stick with my current Mazda6 for a few more months.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Is your life really that dull you actually want to spice it up with a car when there are lots of interesting activities out there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X