• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh dear. Plan B goes wrong"

Collapse

• AtW
    replied
    Is it ok now?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    I bet they paid nowhere near 25 quid apiece either.
    So do I.

Landlords trees are from Norway. The gypos probably nicked from the Forestry Commission in deepest Wales.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    'Bargain' Christmas Trees Could Be Stolen Warn Police | News Archive | News

"residents are being urged to contact police if they see Christmas trees being stolen - and to ensure they buy from reputable sources to deny criminals the chance to cash in.

Every year thefts are reported from country parks and forests in rural areas"

Thank goodness we have the police to point these things out!

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    The lesson here is. One a gypo tells you 1500. He probably means 1000. So don't buy 2000.

exactly

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    The unit cost of £25 is too high, and for that reason - I'm out.

agreed that is much too much

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Where do the gypos get them one wonders.

I can picture some Forestry Commission official standing in a field full of stumps, scratching his head and wondering what could have happened to an acre of young fir trees.

like a scene from snatch

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied

The gypos pulled up in a layby at the bottom of the road
    before the pub and so they've split the trade! ...
    Where do the gypos get them one wonders.

I can picture some Forestry Commission official standing in a field full of stumps, scratching his head and wondering what could have happened to an acre of young fir trees.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    Probably nicked them from a forest.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    The lesson here is. One a gypo tells you 1500. He probably means 1000. So don't buy 2000.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    The unit cost of £25 is too high, and for that reason - I'm out.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    The local flower shop has a whole load of Xmas trees outside (it's Park Road just up from Baker Street). It seems a very risky business, but I suppose a lot of folk may panic this weekend if they haven't already got their trees.
    I imagine that by 26 Dec the re-sale value drops to zero?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    If they've got roots he could sell them online as Carbon offsets.

Carbon Footprint - Pledge A Tree In Your Local Area (UK)

Boomed!

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Sounds like selling tulip on high street isn't exactly profitable enterprise.

And for this reason I am out.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    He'd bought 2000! For £50k cash!!!! He's shifted 1/2.
    He bought 2000 and he only got the price down to £25/unit? Considering B&Q are selling pretty big douglas fir (the nice long needles not the short spiky ones) for £40, it doesn't sound a great deal. Did he pay up front as well, £50k ouch?!

Hang on even if they're also down the road, can't he advertise them cheap to customers of the pub... after a few pints how hard can it be to sell someone a tree.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X