• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Scotsman joins battle against scummy little tulipty chavs"

Collapse

• al_cam
    replied
    The Ned was on Radio Scotland this morning claiming that butter wouldn't melt. (it's the second half of the show for those who have too much time on their hands...)

His excuse was that when he bought the ticket it was before 10 so he was advised to buy one full price single ticket for the outward trip and then another single off peak one for the return trip, but when he got on the train he realised he had been sold two identical single tickets for the outward journey. He claimed he explained this to the ticket inspector but that he wouldn't listen.

He then went on to claim his bag with his diabetes medicine was left on the train, but I'm sure I can see it being thrown out with him. He also talked about how he had exams and had been up late which was why he was unusually argumentative.

2 words - aye right.

He was also quite aggressive on the radio.

I assume he learned how to deny everything and create a sob story from numerous appearances in court.

Sadly DimPrawn is right. Shame it was caught on camera.

Also, the "big man" is allegedly an investment banker - nice to see him improving the image of bankers.

Al.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    The end result will be:

Big Man will get his collar felt and face prosecution for assualt
    Scrote will get awarded damages of X thousand pounds through a criminal or civil court for "distress"
    Ticket inspector will be laid off due to "cut backs"

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    That was possibly the worst written article I've ever read

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Train fare dodger revealed | Deadline News

More on it here.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    The guy only started filming after 5 minutes. So not impossible that he'd already explained and the conductor was being an arse.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    He's gone to the trouble of buying a single ticket, not quite typical chav style is it? What if he lost the other half... threw away the wrong bit (very easy to do)? If I had paid for a ticket I'd refuse to get off too... it's a fine line between the public siding with you or against you in such a situation.

Or - do chavs find used tickets lying around and pick them up as a scam? Is that a common trick?
    He could have calmly explained what had happened and apologised. Instead he started swearing at the conductor.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    He's gone to the trouble of buying a single ticket, not quite typical chav style is it? What if he lost the other half... threw away the wrong bit (very easy to do)? If I had paid for a ticket I'd refuse to get off too... it's a fine line between the public siding with you or against you in such a situation.

Or - do chavs find used tickets lying around and pick them up as a scam? Is that a common trick?

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    I would hope that the applauding passengers will stand up to defend him if need be.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    A ScotRail spokeswoman, said: "While we welcome the public's support of our zero-tolerance stance on anti-social behaviour, our staff are trained in conflict management and we do not expect members of the public to take matters into their own hands.
    indeed

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    He watched too many Indiana Jones movies

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Some Hooman Rights lawyers rubbing their hands together over that I suspect.
    BBC News - Probe after passenger throws fare-dodger off train

too fookin right

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Some Hooman Rights lawyers rubbing their hands together over that I suspect.

Leave a comment:

• Scotsman joins battle against scummy little tulipty chavs

Well done big man.

Working...
X