• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Friday Night's Question, Who Were You Most Glad to See Get Killed in a Film?"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    It was Mr Hudson, aka Gordon Jackson...

Jerry: Good Luck..

Mr Hudson: Thanks Mate!

Cue shooting.

Actually that sort of did happen, one of the POW's was Belgian I think but was so used to English at Colditz he did get caught like in the film.

Not quite the same but similar.
    Ah yes, that was another scene, as Hudson boarded the train. As I recall he tried to run away down the platform and got shot in the back.

Attenborough and about 50 others were shot in a field.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Good choice, the corniest film ever made. I wish the special effects guy had got killed too. I was rooting for the bloody asteroid but I even got sick of that.

My choice is a bit strange. It's Dickie Attenborough in The Great Escape. He was being a smug bastard after they were recaptured when suddenly he realised they were about to get mown down by Jerry. Best bit of the film.
    It was Mr Hudson, aka Gordon Jackson...

Jerry: Good Luck..

Mr Hudson: Thanks Mate!

Cue shooting.

Actually that sort of did happen, one of the POW's was Belgian I think but was so used to English at Colditz he did get caught like in the film.

Not quite the same but similar.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    Bruce Willis in Armageddon.

Only good bit of a terrible film !
    Good choice, the corniest film ever made. I wish the special effects guy had got killed too. I was rooting for the bloody asteroid but I even got sick of that.

My choice is a bit strange. It's Dickie Attenborough in The Great Escape. He was being a smug bastard after they were recaptured when suddenly he realised they were about to get mown down by Jerry. Best bit of the film.

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Marlin's missus

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    Smug twat, was glad he got it. Him and the Saffer guy Danny Glover shot in one of the Lethal Weapon movies...

Saffer: DIPLOMATIC IMMUNITY.......

Officer Murthagh: .....has just been revoked....

BANG!!

Although it was a bit naughty, sure they'd be an inquiry and Officer Murthagh incarcerated in a pound-me-in-ass prison...
    Surely you're too old for this tulip?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Slightly off topic but why, when the villain/alien has been knocked out, do these idiots always walk away? You know damn well they are going to get up again. I am sitting there going "bash/shoot them again, you idiot"
    This is it!!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Slightly off topic but why, when the villain/alien has been knocked out, do these idiots always walk away? You know damn well they are going to get up again. I am sitting there going "bash/shoot them again, you idiot"

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    We can tie these together... Lio DiCaprio in Quick & the Dead, in which a priest also got killed.

Are you thinking about Charles Bronson? I don't think he was in the Matrix.
    This guy, betrayer!

Joe Pantoliano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    all of the Blair Witch cast

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Di Caprio in Titanic and Bambi's mother.
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    That irrational religious twat priest in "There Will be Blood" I was cheering every bash of the skittle.
    We can tie these together... Lio DiCaprio in Quick & the Dead, in which a priest also got killed.

What about the baldy with a tache in The Matrix? The one who robbed them all in?
    Are you thinking about Charles Bronson? I don't think he was in the Matrix.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Maginty
    replied
    Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 9 June 2022, 16:40.

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Maginty
    replied
    Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 9 June 2022, 16:39.

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Vincent in Collateral. Don't get me wrong, the character was cool and all, it was just nice to watch Tom Cruise getting shot.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Weren't all you English cheering in cinemas when Mel Gibson got it in Braveheart?

Leave a comment:

• GreenLabel
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Nope, I was on about the first film which Kyle Reese refers to him as Cyberdine Systems model 101 and in the second film Arnie calls himself a T-101, an abbreviation of the former

The T800 is first mentioned in Terminator Salvation

Thanks for your effort
    'pends on which version of T2 you're watching; from memory one of them contains a reference to the T-800. That aside, FFS, their naming is all over the place.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X