• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "When to start windmilling?"

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    I squared up to him and told him politely to go back to his mate.
    If I was an aussie I'd have gone for armageddon:

"Look mate, I'm a foreigner here to steal your jobs and women, now piss off so I can spend some of my benefits money on a Fosters. Hooroo."

That would have had him burst a blood vessel, proving it's possible to kill with words, no need for sticks or stones.

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    What I wouldn't do is get my phone out and post on CUK asking what to do next.
    Neither would I. My phone can barely make calls never mind access the web. Despite being a programmer, I'm a luddite.

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    And what did you do next?
    I squared up to him and told him politely to go back to his mate.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Yeah, so i'd just finished work earlier and swung by my quiet local for a quick pint on the way home. I was ordering my first beer and a bloke sat across the bar with his mate shouts across to me "oi you, come here" and starts gesturing aggressively that i should join him because he wants to talk to me.

So I ordered my beer and looked over and said in a non-threatening but assertive tone "naa, i'm not coming over to talk to you".

So he marches over with his pint and puts his head in my face and shakes my hand asking my name. So i told him. Then he says "I dont give a f**k who you are!!". His face is one inch from mine.

So.. what would you do next?
    Declare, 'Sir, you have made a beast of yourself.'

Then invoke your right of substitution.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Not sure which is worse, that or some druggy in the street putting his arm round you and telling you you are his best friend
    While pickpocketing you.

I always make sure any new jacket I buy has a zip pocket for wallets and valuables. Only mugs keep them in their jeans pocket. Though I shouldn't complain, gives the scum plenty of easier targets to pester.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Yeah, so i'd just finished work earlier and swung by my quiet local for a quick pint on the way home. I was ordering my first beer and a bloke sat across the bar with his mate shouts across to me "oi you, come here" and starts gesturing aggressively that i should join him because he wants to talk to me.

So I ordered my beer and looked over and said in a non-threatening but assertive tone "naa, i'm not coming over to talk to you".

So he marches over with his pint and puts his head in my face and shakes my hand asking my name. So i told him. Then he says "I dont give a f**k who you are!!". His face is one inch from mine.

So.. what would you do next?
    As antipodean being isn't this sort of conflict resolution part of your barman training?
    Last edited by SimonMac; 1 December 2011, 16:52.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Not sure which is worse, that or some druggy in the street putting his arm round you and telling you you are his best friend

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    He'll tell us when he wakes up.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

Leave a comment:

• RobertRice
    replied
    [QUOTE=aussielong;1438219]my quiet local [QUOTE]

A typical 'quiet local' bar in Oz?

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Never ever windmill (unless your opponent is tied up).

Heel of the hand (yours)applied to the underside of the nose (theirs) at a slightly inward angle and at high velocity.
    Not without having a bunch of keys in your hand first , eh?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post

Heel of the hand (yours)applied to the underside of the nose (theirs) at a slightly inward angle and at high velocity.

Works against the wife quiet well
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    So you are currently stood in front of a threatening bloke in the pub waiting for a solution from a load of geeks on the internet.

Wise move! ... NOT!!!!

I presume you must be out cold on the floor by now as he's lost patience waiting for you to act.

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    lick his eyeball

Leave a comment:

Working...
X