• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Getting flooded

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Getting flooded"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Why is some fella walking across the flood waters with a chair. Is that Minestrone?
    It's Stephen Hawking. His chair stalled and he had to carry it to dry land.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I'm sure if you blow that photo up they'll be two wee shell-suited neds with a snorkel unbolting the wheels from the black 4x4
    Why is some fella walking across the flood waters with a chair. Is that Minestrone?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    So true
    I'm sure if you blow that photo up they'll be two wee shell-suited neds with a snorkel unbolting the wheels from the black 4x4

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Well, they've abandoned them and are trying to get away. Normal for Greenock
    So true

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Do they belong to the drivers?
    Well, they've abandoned them and are trying to get away. Normal for Greenock

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Absolutely mate, one of these cars has a valid tax disc !!!!
    Do they belong to the drivers?

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Jeez, a not so familiar site
    Absolutely mate, one of these cars has a valid tax disc !!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Half way between my residence and Clipheads:

Jeez, a not so familiar site

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Half way between my residence and Clipheads:

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Things were really bad in Greenock Main St:

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I seem to remember that your water company will charge you for using the water - even if it's just passing through a turbine. No, I'm not joking.
    So stealth hydro is the way to go

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Since the exchange is in the lowest part of the village which is mostly underwater it came as no suprise that my landline is dead (in the water )

Been dead all day so thought I'd report the fault, not much point as most of the village has reported the same, estimate to fix - 7 days

They're obviously not looking at weather reports.

Why's my internet connection still working if my landline is dead
    "Aye Morag, the exchange is under water, Mr McCliphead cannae get his broadbandymajig to work and he's called out PC McClaudy to keep an eye on his bridge during the flood"

Leave a comment:

• Moscow Mule
    replied
    Time to invest Ron Hale Marine Ltd - Avon RIB 280/Tohatsu FS9.8EP/Jockey Console Package

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Since the exchange is in the lowest part of the village which is mostly underwater it came as no suprise that my landline is dead (in the water )

Been dead all day so thought I'd report the fault, not much point as most of the village has reported the same, estimate to fix - 7 days

They're obviously not looking at weather reports.

Why's my internet connection still working if my landline is dead

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    This is my second year in London, and I have to admit how rarely it seems to rain here, even compared to the Midlands. If rain is a problem in Scotland then the answer is obvious - move to London. Although, if you don't like riots, you'd better avoid places like Wandsworth and Hackney.
    Rain isn't a problem in Scotland till it decides to get energetic.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X