• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Erosion of British culture - latest discovery"

Collapse

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    Marks and sparks do walnut whips dunno who makes em

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Poundland? You must be made of money. Our town has a 99p store, I never shop anywhere else.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Has KFC changed? I used to sit and eat a box of it in the car outside my girlfriends before going in.
    Finger licking good?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Just wait until Walnut Whips are filled with squirty cheese then. Or even this stuff:

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Er, remind me who owns "Cadbury" now?
    Kraft Foods.

The buggers who wanted to take Wensleydale cheese out of Wensleydale.

Which, I suppose, gives me carte blanche to slam them anytime I like.

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    Going into where?

To work in KFC. At least that's how I read it.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Has KFC changed? I used to sit and eat a box of it in the car outside my girlfriends before going in.
    Going into where?

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    Wasn't there a walnut at the bottom of the white stuff at some stage... or is that a false memory?
    Walnut Whip 1.0 contained a Walnut and one on top. Well remembered.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Wasn't there a walnut at the bottom of the white stuff at some stage... or is that a false memory?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    I've decided to give away the remaining two Walnut Whips as Christmas stocking fillers for whichever brats annoy me the most between now and then.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    How did you eat it?
    Bite the top off and stick your tongue in to scoop out the white stuff?
    Make you think of anything else did it ?
    Pervert!

Isn't that the only way of eating them?

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    What has happened is that you have grown up, been on holiday, been to nice restaurants, and now realise how ******* disgusting most of this muck actually is.

No, I think it's just more dilution of brands to save money. Like how the choccy bars are shrinking in size so they can keep the price the same.

Eventually all the stuff on the shelves will be the brands we grew up with and loved, but will be poor imitations.

It's the kids I feel sorry for. They already don't know what an original recipe KFC tastes like since they mucked around with the recipe in the 80s after the Colonel sold up. Then there's all the changes due to health reasons and silly new laws banning certain substances.

I'd rather have genuine tasting food and risk cancer than put up with all this fake tulip.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    spotted a pack of 3 Walnut Whips for a quid. Not had one for years so bought a pack.

Just had one and I'm not happy. They've changed the fondant so it's too light and fluffy, it's now like the froth on a cappuccino. No real substance.
    How did you eat it?

Bite the top off and stick your tongue in to scoop out the white stuff?

Make you think of anything else did it ?

Pervert!

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I found the same issue with Walnut Whips!

Spooky, thought I was going senile. Chocolate is like oversugared plastic and the cream just a load of tasteless fluff.
    Yeah, depressing discovery.

I even checked online to make sure Nestle were the only ones making them and it wasn't some cheapo version.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X