• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: War Room

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "War Room"

Collapse

• conned tractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    You know a Project Manager's in trouble when he starts calling the room 'War Room'.
    We've got one of those here. An A4 sheet with War Room penned on it and stuck to one of the meeting rooms. Wel at least I know they've got another 20 mill in the bank so I'm ok for a bit.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by DAG View Post
    Awkwardly, I was working in Hamburg a few years ago, and they referred to the PP as the "final solution" !

They used to do that when I was in Munich as well. It's quite a common phrase out there.

Leave a comment:

• DAG
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    You know you're really bolloxed when the PM refers to the Project Plan as "Mein Kampf"! :nazi:
    Awkwardly, I was working in Hamburg a few years ago, and they referred to the PP as the "final solution" !

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    You know you're really bolloxed when the PM refers to the Project Plan as "Mein Kampf"! :nazi:

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Are they implementing SAP?

No, Siebel and ATG and a webbyshoppy thingummy, and all the coding's being done in Bobland.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    You know a Project Manager's in trouble when he starts calling the room 'War Room'.
    Are they implementing SAP?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    So was I, which is why I only bought one packet. I also couldn't quite believe the calorie figures printed on the back (of a cylinder!), so much so that I've now forgotten them. The gist of it though was that one 400g 19p packet is almost a day's calories. Tasted okay to me.
    So with a tin of value baked beans, you can get all your nutritional needs for about 25p/day? Bargain!

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    You know the project is over budget when they stop buying proper biscuits for the war room.
    The chocolate coated ones are the same price.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I'm skeptical.
    So was I, which is why I only bought one packet. I also couldn't quite believe the calorie figures printed on the back (of a cylinder!), so much so that I've now forgotten them. The gist of it though was that one 400g 19p packet is almost a day's calories. Tasted okay to me.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DAG View Post
    When this happens the project manager aint in trouble, the project is ........

What have you not done MF?
    Oh the project's been in trouble since its inception, but the PM's being put under pressure by directors to show some 'dynamism'.

I think I can help;

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    <off topic>19p from Sainsbury's, for a huge packet, white label, but tastes the same as the original. http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/grocery-categories/digestive_biscuits_in_sainsburys.html</>
    You know the project is over budget when they stop buying proper biscuits for the war room.

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    replied
    I worked on a project where they had a War Room, it was where the pizza/food got delivered.
    It also had a "Containment Area", sliding partition where the leftover food got dumped over the weekend. Cleaners didn't like us on Monday evening when they came, or anyone who had the room booked on Monday either.

Leave a comment:

• DAG
    replied
    When this happens the project manager aint in trouble, the project is ........

What have you not done MF?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    <off topic>19p from Sainsbury's, for a huge packet, white label, but tastes the same as the original. http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/#/grocery-categories/digestive_biscuits_in_sainsburys.html</>
    I'm skeptical.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    I'll bring in some digestive biscuits tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X