• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Stockpile calpol?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Stockpile calpol?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    My nephew has a pass for Disneyland Paris to bypass the queues. And since he loves going on the rollercoasters and his parents don't, normally it's my wife and/or I that him.
    I hope to go there at some point - though the autism makes it difficult. The kids like familiar things and not sure how they would tolerate the French.

But I hear that "queue jumping" at Disneyland Paris is particularly enjoyable - the Frence hate it and glare.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Maybe MF was making polite conversation?

I have twins aged 9(Boy/Girl) with ex-wife who I look after 4 days a week. I have a son aged 4 with new wife. Both boys are autistic - but seem to be high end. There are advantages with Autistic kids - carers get in free to most attractions. And they cannot tolerate queueing - so we get exit stamps and bypass all the queues.
    My nephew has a pass for Disneyland Paris to bypass the queues. And since he loves going on the rollercoasters and his parents don't, normally it's my wife and/or I that him.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    49500 posts in Test Please Delete is why I don't know that.
    And my other 500 posts were nonsense.....

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    An autistic boy from memory. considering he was banned for two years and you've been here forever I would be slightly concerned about your long term memory if I know this information and you don't seem to.
    49500 posts in Test Please Delete is why I don't know that.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    An autistic boy from memory. considering he was banned for two years and you've been here forever I would be slightly concerned about your long term memory especially as even I know this information and you don't seem to.
    Maybe MF was making polite conversation?

I have twins aged 9(Boy/Girl) with ex-wife who I look after 4 days a week. I have a son aged 4 with new wife. Both boys are autistic - but seem to be high end. There are advantages with Autistic kids - carers get in free to most attractions. And they cannot tolerate queueing - so we get exit stamps and bypass all the queues.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    You got kids BP?

Lace troublesome kids up with Calpol, then zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
    I dont give the kids Calpol. I find Gin is alot cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    You got kids BP?

An autistic boy from memory. considering he was banned for two years and you've been here forever I would be slightly concerned about your long term memory if I know this information and you don't seem to.
    Last edited by eek; 21 November 2011, 10:23.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    With your health, you're the one who should be worried. Unsurprisingly it seems none of your kids inherited any of your DNA.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Calpol guidelines changed over dosing worries
    Parents have been told to reduce the amount of Calpol they give young children, amid fears that toddlers could be taking too much of the painkiller.

Calpol guidelines changed over dosing worries - Telegraph
    You got kids BP?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Calpol guidelines changed over dosing worries
    Parents have been told to reduce the amount of Calpol they give young children, amid fears that toddlers could be taking too much of the painkiller.

Calpol guidelines changed over dosing worries - Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    You could move somewhere nicer.

Here in Pondlife Fach the EDL don't have much of a presence.
    Steady on Pondy, leave the plague carrier in far-off Luton. They sort of deserve each other.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    You'd miss.
    From what I've heard it would be hard to miss.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Why not train the kids to go out ands steal their own Calpol and nappies? They can't get done for it.
    Because they don't stock adult ones at his local Mothercare.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Why not train the kids to go out ands steal their own Calpol and nappies? They can't get done for it.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    i've read some daft things in my time but this is right up there.
    What about the expiry dates ?
    Depending on the age/size of the child they can take half a normal paracetamlol if feeling unwell.

How often are they kds sick ? Mine very rarely have either calpol/6+/<insert whatever name it is over the counter>

The medicine you've mentioned doesn't cure anything serious, it just takes the aches away, but so does laughter, rest etc..

Don't be daft and start stocking up just in case. If you do start stocking up then you might have to surrender your office to be a garage again.

HTH

Dont take Suity's post literally. It was just a waffle he produced when high on paracetemol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X