• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bloodbath in the City"

Collapse

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    The Tories are still right, the private sector DID lead the recovery.

....Its just now, they're leading the downturn too.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    BNP are hardly in the city. When I went for an interview there I had to show my passport at the border control.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Governor Mervyn King painted a gloomy outlook for the UK and said it would face a tough fight to address the problems in the eurozone and further afield. "The underlying global problems of trade imbalances, unsustainable levels of external and internal indebtedness and loss of competitiveness remain. Sovereign and bank funding concerns are symptoms of these underlying problems," he said.

... more gloomy writing...

King said he sympathised with the people he met on his visits around the UK who were suffering as they tried to keep their businesses going and to stay afloat despite the squeeze on incomes.

"These people were not responsible for the crisis and they are suffering enormously as a result of it," he said. "I have enormous sympathy."
    So who is responsible? Possibly you and your cohorts in the banking industry...

Leave a comment:

• BigTime
    replied
    This bit tells a story: "..cuts, .., will come in France (373) and internationally (1,023).."
    Lots cheaper and easier to sack employees outside France

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Does that mean I should expect a chance to get a job in finance just after Christmas then? Seem to come in waves.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    It's A Bloodbath - Thousands More Bank Jobs Axed

A bit of daily doom for one's amusment.
    I wondered what bloodbath meant, but luckily the article had a picture of some red water to explain this.

And, as for your last doom attempt, it sounds like most of those jobs are foreign.

What is amusing about it by the way?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied

Is it that time of month again?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied

It'll be ok, they can take their 'talent' elsewhere apparently.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

A bit of daily doom for ones amusement.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    started a topic Bloodbath in the City

Bloodbath in the City