• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just got 2 weeks notice"

Collapse

• en184
    replied
    Revolving door

Banks have revolving doors, you enter, exit, and re enter again, on,a higher rate.
    with over 200 banks in london, there are plenty of revolvimg doors..

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by russell View Post
    Throwing stones in Glass houses and all that, hope you learned a lesson today.
    yeah, make sure it's your glass house i'm in at the time

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    very well

Turned out I was the wrong person for that contract and we established that fact straightaway.
    I could have bulltulipted my way through but that would have meant wasting my time, the prospective clients time and potentially put me in a risky situation should they want to take me on.
    Instead I politely declined the work and went back to my current contract which is paying the same rate (just a bit on the tedious side).

Thanks for asking though
    Throwing stones in Glass houses and all that, hope you learned a lesson today.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I wasn't good enough.

Thanks for asking though
    ftfy

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    How did your last interview go?
    very well

Turned out I was the wrong person for that contract and we established that fact straightaway.
    I could have bulltulipted my way through but that would have meant wasting my time, the prospective clients time and potentially put me in a risky situation should they want to take me on.
    Instead I politely declined the work and went back to my current contract which is paying the same rate (just a bit on the tedious side).

Thanks for asking though

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I believe he failed to get the gig.

Failure is a funny thing. Everyone fails at some point in life. Like Space. But you learn from it. You learn that it's not your fault. Like Space did. And, well, when I say it's not your fault, it is obviously but I'm trying to be nice. Failure. Failurrrrrrrrrrre. Mmm.
    My old boss used to say there's no such thing as failure, only feedback. So I said, yeah but what if the feedback is, 'you've failed'.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    I believe he failed to get the gig.

Failure is a funny thing. Everyone fails at some point in life. Like Space. But you learn from it. You learn that it's not your fault. Like Space did. And, well, when I say it's not your fault, it is obviously but I'm trying to be nice. Failure. Failurrrrrrrrrrre. Mmm.

Leave a comment:

• russell
    replied
    You know you've sunk to a new low when you're so useless you can't even get canned!

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    You know you've sunk to a new low when you're so useless you can't even get canned!
    they need to keep someone on to make the brews

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Just been told that the two new starters for next week will now not be joining and they are reviewing all contractors rates, contracts and projects.

Client has said 'Cost cutting. Don't worry MF, you won't be affected'
    I said, 'Nah, I'm happy to go, do you want me to go,I'll go now'

Still here.

Fingers crossed.
    Last edited by Spacecadet; 11 November 2011, 10:50.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    You've obviously never heard of Infosys.
    I've worked with them a few times. Fill yer boots if you're a contract tester at the users' end. Be careful though, clientco might go bust trying to implement Finacle, and leave you out of pocket, as happened to me. Important to know when to jump.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Just been told that the two new starters for next week will now not be joining and they are reviewing all contractors rates, contracts and projects.

Client has said 'Cost cutting. Don't worry MF, you won't be affected'
    I said, 'Nah, I'm happy to go, do you want me to go,I'll go now'

Still here.

Fingers crossed.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    I'm sorry but I think you're talking out of your arse. Many people will be expecting things to go bad but you endeavour to escape to a safer department / project. Credit Risk Register reporting is something that most people would call a safe area because its BI which is currently done close to the end customer / user as it requires local Business knowledge that is hard to explain to outsourced resources.

If BI reporting is moving offshore I would be very concerned that the rest of the BI workflow will rapidly follow and the quality of information reported will be to the standard you expect from Captain Bob. Of course it will be years until the consequences are noticed but ho hum.
    You've obviously never heard of Infosys.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    If BI reporting is moving offshore I would be very concerned that the rest of the BI workflow will rapidly follow and the quality of information reported will be to the standard you expect from Captain Bob. Of course it will be Milliseconds until the consequences are noticed by the local business but years before the C level staff realise its a mistake but ho hum.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Been sat on my ass all week. I've had a renewal but the project I was back for has been outsourced as well.

Other projects in pipeline at clientco but presently not assigned to any.

Bored.
    IR35 risk?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X