• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just got 2 weeks notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by russell View Post
    How did your last interview go?
    I believe he failed to get the gig.

Failure is a funny thing. Everyone fails at some point in life. Like Space. But you learn from it. You learn that it's not your fault. Like Space did. And, well, when I say it's not your fault, it is obviously but I'm trying to be nice. Failure. Failurrrrrrrrrrre. Mmm.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      I believe he failed to get the gig.

Failure is a funny thing. Everyone fails at some point in life. Like Space. But you learn from it. You learn that it's not your fault. Like Space did. And, well, when I say it's not your fault, it is obviously but I'm trying to be nice. Failure. Failurrrrrrrrrrre. Mmm.
      My old boss used to say there's no such thing as failure, only feedback. So I said, yeah but what if the feedback is, 'you've failed'.
      Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

How did your last interview go?
        very well

Turned out I was the wrong person for that contract and we established that fact straightaway.
        I could have bulltulipted my way through but that would have meant wasting my time, the prospective clients time and potentially put me in a risky situation should they want to take me on.
        Instead I politely declined the work and went back to my current contract which is paying the same rate (just a bit on the tedious side).

Thanks for asking though
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          I wasn't good enough.

Thanks for asking though
          ftfy
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
            very well

Turned out I was the wrong person for that contract and we established that fact straightaway.
            I could have bulltulipted my way through but that would have meant wasting my time, the prospective clients time and potentially put me in a risky situation should they want to take me on.
            Instead I politely declined the work and went back to my current contract which is paying the same rate (just a bit on the tedious side).

Thanks for asking though
            Throwing stones in Glass houses and all that, hope you learned a lesson today.

Comment

Throwing stones in Glass houses and all that, hope you learned a lesson today.
              yeah, make sure it's your glass house i'm in at the time
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

Revolving door

Banks have revolving doors, you enter, exit, and re enter again, on,a higher rate.
                with over 200 banks in london, there are plenty of revolvimg doors..

Comment

Working...
                X