• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just got 2 weeks notice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Will it be the end of contracting in the city? Banks have been trying to get rid of contractors for 20+ years but have never come close yet.
    if the Investment Banks want to have permie only let them see what happens after they do 1 year of service and then the permie member of staff starts to get difficult and they both end up fighting in the courts - the permie demanding hundreds of thousands in compensation, maybe more.

Contractors are accepted in the city because they are easy to get rid of and they have the skills already and have no training expectations. Anyhow what is really 'permie' in the City ? I saw a capable IT M.D. get marched out after 12 years of service all because he hinted that "he may leave" to another of his competitors - go figure !
    Last edited by sbakoola; 10 November 2011, 12:45.

Comment

Thanks for all the positive comments . Every contractor on the team is on the same. Ah well onto the next.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
        Thanks for all the positive comments . Every contractor on the team is on the same. Ah well onto the next.
        Whether you are popular or not, it is always a shame to hear one of ours is taking a hit. Chin up. PMA. Onwards and upwards. This time next year Rodders!
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
          your sig needs changing
          Why? Am I on the bench now?

Comment

Why? Am I on the bench now?
            You're lining up your arse ready to get on the bench
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
              You're lining up your arse ready to get on the bench
              Good chance I may dodge it . Anyway times like this I wish I was a permie.

Comment

I wish I was a permie.
                STONE HIM!
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  I'm sorry but I think you're talking out of your arse. Many people will be expecting things to go bad but you endeavour to escape to a safer department / project. Credit Risk Register reporting is something that most people would call a safe area because its BI which is currently done close to the end customer / user as it requires local Business knowledge that is hard to explain to outsourced resources.

If BI reporting is moving offshore I would be very concerned that the rest of the BI workflow will rapidly follow and the quality of information reported will be to the standard you expect from Captain Bob. Of course it will be years until the consequences are noticed but ho hum.
                  You are entitled to your opinion and it could be right but still doesn't change my mind. Anyone working in a bank right now that is sitting there pretty thinking their job is 100% safe wants a dose of reality, whatever they do.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    STONE HIM!
                    PWND!!!
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      You are entitled to your opinion and it could be right but still doesn't change my mind. Anyone working in a bank right now that is sitting there pretty thinking their job is 100% safe wants a dose of reality, whatever they do.
                      I never expected my job to be 100% safe far from it, I acknowledged years ago how things were changing and moved from a coder role to a business aligned roll which required alot of local knowledge hence I just didnt expect it to go to India were as IT I did expect. From what I know my current client is the only bank to have done this with this part of the operations to date.
                      Last edited by Bumfluff; 10 November 2011, 13:19.

Comment

Working...
                      X