• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Violence is likely

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Violence is likely"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I left, doing my best not to react like Victor Meldrew.
    I don't beliiiiiieeeeeeve it!

Whoooops! Should have read on from MTT's comment before posting.
    DOH!!

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    I know and the girl who sits opposite me has massive norks and her idea of dress down is to have a low cut top on. Quite spectacular!
    FFS! PICTURES man PICTURES!!!

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by SneakySimon View Post
    Lucky b'stard - we get to dress down but instead of leaving early, it has been suggested to us that we work later to avoid the trouble?!?!?! WTF

I appreciated the suggestion and I know where they can stick it.
    I know and the girl who sits opposite me has massive norks and her idea of dress down is to have a low cut top on. Quite spectacular!

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Last weekend in Amsterdam I had a look in a shop selling rather grungy clothing, similar to the stuff I used to buy at Millets or second hand shops when I was a stewed ent. They had a big poster of Kurt Cobain on the wall, whose trademark was to never wear clothes costing more than about 3 dollars, scruffy jackets starting at 1200 euros and bleach stained jeans starting at 500 euros. I left, doing my best not to react like Victor Meldrew.
    I don't believe it.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven View Post
    We have been advised to 'dress like a student' and be vigilent!
    Last weekend in Amsterdam I had a look in a shop selling rather grungy clothing, similar to the stuff I used to buy at Millets or second hand shops when I was a stewed ent. They had a big poster of Kurt Cobain on the wall, whose trademark was to never wear clothes costing more than about 3 dollars, scruffy jackets starting at 1200 euros and bleach stained jeans starting at 500 euros. I left, doing my best not to react like Victor Meldrew.

Leave a comment:

• SneakySimon
    replied
    Protests

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    Personally I'd like to thank the organisers of the demo. Today I get to wear normal clothes - I was going to wear the Steel Panther t shirt I bought last night. Also we have been told that the place is shutting at lunch, but they will pay us for a full day. Can we have more of these protests?
    Lucky b'stard - we get to dress down but instead of leaving early, it has been suggested to us that we work later to avoid the trouble?!?!?! WTF

I appreciated the suggestion and I know where they can stick it.

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Is it Control when security tell you that you shouldn't go out of the building between 12 and 2 because the riot, sorry I meant protest, is going to be going by the office.

Does this affect IR35.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Personally I'd like to thank the organisers of the demo. Today I get to wear normal clothes - I was going to wear the Steel Panther t shirt I bought last night. Also we have been told that the place is shutting at lunch, but they will pay us for a full day. Can we have more of these protests?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Work from home is the safest.

As the police may try their kettling tactic. You know what happened to Ian Tomlinson
    At least the police have decided to stick to kettling. When they move on to teabagging, things could get nasty.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied

As the police may try their kettling tactic. You know what happened to Ian Tomlinson
    Does Xoggoth have a heart condition then?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Partly agree with the student protesters. University courses should be subsidised and generous student grants should be available. Where I depart from their viewpoint is in saying that these should only be available to the most able few on relevant and useful courses, whose higher education will benefit themselves and the UK.

PS Not that the government has much of a track record in predicting what courses the UK will need in the future, I have to admit.

Leave a comment:

• Coalman
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Yes. Frome.
    Oi! Don't dis the home town!!!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Sounds like an opportunity to dress down, wear a hoodie and smack a couple of crusties in the mouth.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Despite having instant access to the worlds knowledge at the press of a keyboard, most young people seem very uneducated. I blame teachers and Labours policy of making exams easier to make it appear that results were improving.

They should protest, but not about losing free ahem tax payer funded indoctrination.

They should also read the we are the 99% website, it shows pretty clearly to me how worthless a modern education actually is.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied

No milk and two lumps?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X