• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone near Taunton on the M5 last night?"

Collapse

• dazza12
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Makes a change from the usual bunch of scrotes with their paving slabs & bricks.
    Wrong bridge - you're thinking of Bridgwater...

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Isn't there such a thing as smokeless fireworks and suitable bonfire material?
    Liquid hydrogen? Pufff.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yeah. Ban all fires. And it's amazing in this day and age, we're still allowed fireworks at all!

Isn't there such a thing as smokeless fireworks and suitable bonfire material?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    It's sad but I think you're right.

If they do get stiched up with the blame, the insurance companies will most likely try to bankrupt the club and therefore make this the last firework display ever, anywhere in the UK.

No one is ever going to take the risk again.
    Yeah. Ban all fires. And it's amazing in this day and age, we're still allowed fireworks at all!

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by malvolio View Post
    Not on the roads they don't; less than 5% have been shown to be down to properly accidental causes. Hitting the back of a truck at 70 when you can't see where you're going is not accidental.
    You have a different definition of 'accident' then.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Personally I think the Rugby Club are being made scapegoats.
    It's sad but I think you're right.

If they do get stiched up with the blame, the insurance companies will most likely try to bankrupt the club and therefore make this the last firework display ever, anywhere in the UK.

No one is ever going to take the risk again.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    There there is blame there is a claim. Who cares about innocence?

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I dont wish to disrespect anyone who has been caught up in the M5 incident, but the absolute worst conditions to drive in, is when the sun is low and in your eyes.
    who are you gonna sue then ?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Firework smoke definitely holds to the ground more than bonfire smoke, I over look a firework display and noticed that there was a cloud of thick smoke that drifted through the houses near to me at the end. The smoke from the things are getting thrown downwards anyway and into cold air that will cool it almost instantly, gravity will then do the rest.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    It sounds as if cars slowed down due to much reduced visibility and lorries (or cars) jackknifed behind when they came upon them. The irony of that scenario is that if everyone were to drive like a loony the accident wouldn't have happened. This driving philosophy works most days anyway.

Yep, Days of Thunder taught us to keep the foot to the floor and drive straight through any sudden fog/smoke patches, and aim for any spinning vehicle you can see in front as it will have moved out of the way by the time you get to it.

Similar applies with aquaplaning, no sudden changes in speed or direction.

Brakes can be an enemy sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    That's such a wide junction I don't see how that is possible unless the driver had a heart attack.

Re the M5 accident,I've driven on a long stint of motorways on bonfire night before and in places you get poor visibility with drifting smoke, it's a wonder it doesn't happen more often.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by dazza12 View Post
    I've just heard on the news that there's another motorway pile up in Cheshire.

A lorry fell of the A56 onto the M56, several cars ploughed into the lorry. At least one person dead.
    Another lorry.

M56 at Preston Brook and Daresbury due to be closed for hours after fatal crash (From This Is Cheshire)

Leave a comment:

• dazza12
    replied
    I've just heard on the news that there's another motorway pile up in Cheshire.

A lorry fell of the A56 onto the M56, several cars ploughed into the lorry. At least one person dead.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    It sounds as if cars slowed down due to much reduced visibility and lorries (or cars) jackknifed behind when they came upon them. The irony of that scenario is that if everyone were to drive like a loony the accident wouldn't have happened. This driving philosophy works most days anyway.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X