• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Just joined a gym

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Just joined a gym"

Collapse

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Which is handy as most who go to a gym drive there.
    That is so true lol I'll never understand that unless the gym is miles away

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    I joined a gym here a few months ago, it's quite basic but also doubles as a boxing gym which isn't too bad. The only other gym in town is on top of a multi-storey carpark lol
    Which is handy as most who go to a gym drive there.

Leave a comment:

• Bagpuss
    replied
    some cheap ones these days with no commitments

24 Hour Gym | Cheap Gym Membership | Pay As You Go Gym | London

Pure Gym : 24 Hour Gym : Join Online Now

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    I joined a gym here a few months ago, it's quite basic but also doubles as a boxing gym which isn't too bad. The only other gym in town is on top of a multi-storey carpark lol

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    It’s always worth asking client co. A few places had a free gym and others were £5 per month. At last client co the permies did not even know there was a gym in the building!

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    £91 !!!!

Flippin heck I was considering the posh one by my client was steep at £38 off peak. It is only 2 mins walk from client office though.

Assuming you cant get your ltd com to pay for it otherwise it'd be a BIK anyway?

Leave a comment:

• Arturo Bassick
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    You have a pool at your home??
    Don't you? Doesn't everybody? Well, you live and learn eh.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    The problem I have is that I'm getting on a bit and the time when I could manage a long commute, a 9 or 10 hour day and then get to the gym was about a decade ago.

These days I cycle to\from the station to keep reasonably fit and have a pool and rowing machine at home. Most of the time though I'm too tired to use them until the weekend.
    You have a pool at your home??

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    The problem I have is that I'm getting on a bit and the time when I could manage a long commute, a 9 or 10 hour day and then get to the gym was about a decade ago.

These days I cycle to\from the station to keep reasonably fit and have a pool and rowing machine at home. Most of the time though I'm too tired to use them until the weekend.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Mine is £40 a month all-included, I can use any gym in the chain – Total Fitness.

It used to have claim to largest gym in Europe, indoor running track, spa, pool, 2 aerobics studios, spin studio and mind and body, although the kit is the same kit it was furnished with when opened around 20 years ago!!

Which does not really bother me as although old kit, works perfectly well.

I go to a lot of classes – Spin followed by Body Pump (Les Mills) tonight. Did a Body Attack yesterday.

I think the ideal class combination over a week is Circuit, BodyAttack, BodyPump, and a couple of spin classes.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Is that what your granny told you?

She was lying.

Hth.
    only 3 months for a comeback

Your getting sharper Churchill!

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    I'm also better looking than you
    Is that what your granny told you?

She was lying.

Hth.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    energie fitness clubs £24.99 pm !

PS An Ecospace shed costs 30 to 50k? Gordon Bennet!
    24 Hour Gym | Cheap Gym Membership | Pay As You Go Gym | London

£16.99/mo.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    energie fitness clubs £24.99 pm !

PS An Ecospace shed costs 30 to 50k? Gordon Bennet!
    Last edited by xoggoth; 6 February 2012, 23:18.

Leave a comment:

• EricBartlett
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Got a rowing machine, cycle, weights in the Ecospace at the end of the garden.
    Aftwerwards can have a steam, or use the jets in the posh sit down shower.

£0 per annum.
    I thought you were some sort of financial and statistical whizz?

What did your Ecospace shed cost? £30-£50k
    You are getting on a bit so lets say 25 yrs of use, and thats being generous
    so £1200-£2k p/a - £100-£167 p/m.

Mmmmm maybe Churchill has got the better deal - and he won't have to pick your pubes out of the drains!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X