• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bleeding Public Sector Workers!!!"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    SB you're rather obsessed with my faith. You talk about it more than I do. Maybe you should get a hobby.
    Mmmmmmmm.....you may be onto something there...........

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    SB you're rather obsessed with my faith. You talk about it more than I do. Maybe you should get a hobby.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    most definetly - always like to head down the maths route to get some catapults and navigation too

By then I've got Invention and have built Leonardo's workshop.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Banking is both central and crucial to civilisation, and should be our No1 priority. Having said that, I do like to go for bronzeworking early on, for the axe units, and then for the wheel

most definetly - always like to head down the maths route to get some catapults and navigation too

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Well, we have about 30 million people of working age, and supposedly lots of "top talent" so we ought to be able to think of something to fill the gap. It might actually be beneficial to have some of that "top talent" doing something else. And lets face it, those public sector workers who are no longer needed aren't going to move into financial services are they, so we're going to have to think of something for them to do anyway.

I think you'll find that UKUNCUT are advocating the same thing. "Deserve" is rather subjective like that.
    Before you make such sweeping statements as if a click of finger will "make something happen" then please explain what other jobs can be created?

I liked this in the Mash:

Nathan Muir, an industrial relations analyst, said: "When the right is in power, the left goes on strike. When the left is in power the right keeps turning up for work.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    All very valid points. I think under the circumstances, and given d000hg's long held propensity for embracing the imaginary, we should leave all options open.
    The notion that d000hg may be some confused hermaphrodite is certainly one worth consideration.
    Maybe he's two confused hermaphrodites sharing one CUK account.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    They may not be infertile. There are lost of alternatives:

Perhaps they're both the same biological sex?
    Perhaps d000hg's partner is imaginary?
    Perhaps d000hg is an imaginary partner?
    Perhaps ugliness of partner 1 > than insanity of partner 2?
    All very valid points. I think under the circumstances, and given d000hg's long held propensity for embracing the imaginary, we should leave all options open.
    The notion that d000hg may be some confused hermaphrodite is certainly one worth consideration.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Congrats. Infertile in both mind and body it seems.
    Probably for the best. Mother Earth has enough on her plate as it is.

They may not be infertile. There are lost of alternatives:

Perhaps they're both the same biological sex?
    Perhaps d000hg's partner is imaginary?
    Perhaps d000hg is an imaginary partner?
    Perhaps ugliness of partner 1 > than insanity of partner 2?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    WE managed OK
    Congrats. Infertile in both mind and body it seems.
    Probably for the best. Mother Earth has enough on her plate as it is.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Yes, I expect the subtle nuances of the whole Contraceptive business, are a thorny problem indeed to fathom out.

WE managed OK. You seem to have fumbled it - I very much doubt Mrs SB volunteered to see your genes continued.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    NOT ending up with children is more of a challenge than ending up with unwanted sprogs, actually.
    Yes, I expect the subtle nuances of the whole Contraceptive business, are a thorny problem indeed to fathom out.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    For clarity, "see if anyone really notices" is not an assertion with any clearly suggested outcome one way or the other. It was merely a suggestion that we allow them to have their strike, and take whatever actions necessary.
    Of course it was. Good for you.
    No need to wonder whether or not YOUR offspring might inherit your brains as you are clearly struggling with the mechanics of what might be involved.
    NOT ending up with children is more of a challenge than ending up with unwanted sprogs, actually.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Let's hope your kids didn't inherit your brains.
    How is that foot of yours for holes?
    Does it have as many as your head?

For clarity, "see if anyone really notices" is not an assertion with any clearly suggested outcome one way or the other. It was merely a suggestion that we allow them to have their strike, and take whatever actions necessary.
    No need to wonder whether or not YOUR offspring might inherit your brains as you are clearly struggling with the mechanics of what might be involved.
    Maybe you could ask one of your imaginary friends to have a word with the Stork?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    This whole discussion started from the assertion nobody would NOTICE if public sector workers striked.
    No it didn't. My assertion, if you care to read back, was that we should allow them to go on strike, and "Fire those who don't cause any impact and give their jobs to someone not swimming in a sense of entitlement."
    Let them strike, and see if anyone really notices. Fire those who don't cause any impact and give their jobs to someone not swimming in a sense of entitlement.

Let's hope your kids didn't inherit your brains.

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    When I saw the thread title, i got all excited at the prospect of seeing pictures of bleeding public sector workers. What a disappointment......
    You may have to wait till they take the strike to the streets of London for that.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X