• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Women and powerful men"

Collapse

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
    Apart from the skint (which is only true now courtesy of Jake's Mummy), I ask again, are you sure I've not been out with you ?
    hee hee hee hee hee

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Of course you all realise what Prescotts new nick name is going to be don't you...

Two Shags

Leave a comment:

• Jakes Daddy
    replied
    Originally posted by janey
    oh god that doesn't really apply to me either...

my ex's have tended to be skint, ugly and fat.. oh god what have I been doing?!!!?!?!!
    Apart from the skint (which is only true now courtesy of Jake's Mummy), I ask again, are you sure I've not been out with you ?

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    There was a thing on this in one of the papers a few weeks ago. Now women are becoming more successful in their own right they are no longer so attracted to power and money, rather they are tending to look for nice arses etc just like us blokes.
    oh god that doesn't really apply to me either...

my ex's have tended to be skint, ugly and fat.. oh god what have I been doing?!!!?!?!!

Leave a comment:

• janey
    replied
    Originally posted by Jakes Daddy
    Oh bugger - have I been out with you ? Dont recall a Janey on my long list of conquests, but you lose count after a while
    lol, no i don't think so... he's never been married for one thing!!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    There was a thing on this in one of the papers a few weeks ago. Now women are becoming more successful in their own right they are no longer so attracted to power and money, rather they are tending to look for nice arses etc just like us blokes.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Pinto
    Yes, women tend to get their husbands to buy the expensive stuff, using the logic that they earn a lot more than they do. Of course, they forget we have to pay all the big bills, leaving us with nothing whereas their money is sacred and is all spent on make-up, clothes and nights out with the girls!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Don't forget giving birth and bringing up the kids.

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    so cynical

don't think I've ever involved with a bloke who earns more than me... jeez where am I going wrong?!
    Then you have something in common with Nicola Horlick then.

You won't have any problem if you give up your high flying executive job with telephone no. salary, company car and bonus and take a job stacking shelves in Tesco.

Leave a comment:

• Jakes Daddy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
    Agreed.
    BTW. Mine is milking me dry in all ways.........
    At least you are getting something out of the deal. 'Tis more that I'm getting at the moment

JD in "let it all out" mode

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Yes, women tend to get their husbands to buy the expensive stuff, using the logic that they earn a lot more than they do. Of course, they forget we have to pay all the big bills, leaving us with nothing whereas their money is sacred and is all spent on make-up, clothes and nights out with the girls!

Funny how this demarcation seems to stop when it comes to divorce proceedings isnt it! Not that I would know, only what I heard.

Leave a comment:

• Jakes Daddy
    replied
    actually I lie... I did (very) briefly see a guy who was earning sh*t loads... unfortunately he was a tee-totaller, allergic to pretty much every food on the planet and a tight wad.
    Oh bugger - have I been out with you ? Dont recall a Janey on my long list of conquests, but you lose count after a while

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied

Or in her case, Horses. The riding kind, not the betting kind. Betting would probably have been cheaper.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I must admit that going out with someone else's wife is quite fun...

Must be the sense of the forbidden or something.
    It's not the someone else's wife I am worried about, not even the someone else. It's er indoors that worries me. Even if I was inclined to stray I wouldn't.

Leave a comment:

• Pinto
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Not all it's cracked up to be, ex-wife earned more than me for most of the marriage and it caused no end of problems. She still expected me to pay for most of the important stuff like mortgage etc which left me struggling and her spending money on stuff for herself.

Leave a comment:

• The Lone Gunman
    replied
    ... where's all the getting the bloke drunk and taking advantage of him???
    I would volunteer, but the wife might object.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X